The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 10-27-2017, 12:52 PM

Default Galveston acoustic / Electric Roundneck Resonator

I have for sale a Galveston 14 fret spider cone resonator. The body is a weird shape and somewhere between a 0 and 000 / OM size. Lower Bout is 15" upper bout is 10.25" and the body length is 19". The nut is 1 3/4". It has 14 frets to the body and spider cone style resonator system . The body wood is painted plywood and the top is is laminate plywood ( spruce I believe) . It also has electronics that feature a 3 band EQ and piezo pickup under the bridge. Sounds surprisingly good plugged in (even to a regular electric guitar amp). The neck and body have some scratches / dings as seen in the pictures , but they do not affect playability. Infact the action and playability of this guitar is GREAT for both fingering and slide. This guitar stays in tune very well too. Would make a great starter resonator. I just cleaned the cone and spider and put new set of elixir nanoweb light gauge strings on it. Comes With a musicians friend hard shell case. Asking 360 shipped to the lower 48 but feel to make offers too.

Last edited by macmanmatty; 11-03-2017 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:36 PM

was going to bump this thread for my resonator but I don't think this cheap korean import resonator with a postless and soundwellless design is worth bumping (No posts or soundwells for the cone on this import). The guitar is made of PLYWOOD yes plywood!! The top does have nice layer of laminate spruce. and the back and sides are painted somewhat though, so that is nice. The electronics work and do sound surprisingly good (mainly because i'm surprised they work as cheap as they are). The cone is cheap pot metal as is the spider. Unplugged this guitar sounds fair to midland I guess and plugged in it sounds fair to good. Midland is not good. Upland might be but midland is not. So I'm am not bumping this thread . I still think it would make a Great starter resonator due the fact it stays in tune and has nice action and intonation which are it's only redeeming qualities. Still asking 360 shipped but feel free to make offers. Also willing to trade on this too.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:33 PM

Bmup!!! better than Pmub but not as good as as Bump!!
Old 12-31-2017, 02:13 PM

SFS Still For Sale
Old 01-20-2018, 01:17 PM

Galveston oh Galveston!
Old 03-07-2018, 01:41 PM

still for sale
Old 03-25-2018, 06:45 PM

THIS IS SOLD!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars