The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-23-2016, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
A friend of mine's son is an employee of JBL (probably Harmon, I did not press for details). For employees they are selling the EON One for $331.25. My duo partner is thinking about buying one from our mutual friend. I still prefer my single DBR10 on a pole high/behind. In a pinch it can throw a lot more sound than the Bose L1c and for a little less weight to lug around even including the stand and mixer.

I bought one and it seems like I'm pushing it hard at low volume gigs. But for that price I'd buy two.
Old 12-25-2016, 08:38 AM

Love my eon one. I was a bit worried that it was underpowered til I discovered that I needed to double check the line/mic buttons. If one of them accidentally gets pushed it can mess you up. On the mic channel, if it's not set to mic, it isn't loud enough and in the guitar channel (using a DI) it has to be set to line.
It us very hard to tell by look or feel, what it is set to and the same two buttons are under the reverb dials. They look identical and the labels are hard to read with their small lettering down in that dark hole. But once that is all sorted out, it sounds fantastic. I have not yet figured out how these buttons accidentally get pushed but I suspect it is while bumbling around trying to put the spacers away before closing the lid. It's an imperfectly designed package but what isn't these days? All the good ideas are already taken.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt20dbl View Post
Love my eon one. I was a bit worried that it was underpowered til I discovered that I needed to double check the line/mic buttons. If one of them accidentally gets pushed it can mess you up. On the mic channel, if it's not set to mic, it isn't loud enough and in the guitar channel (using a DI) it has to be set to line.
It us very hard to tell by look or feel, what it is set to and the same two buttons are under the reverb dials. They look identical and the labels are hard to read with their small lettering down in that dark hole. But once that is all sorted out, it sounds fantastic. I have not yet figured out how these buttons accidentally get pushed but I suspect it is while bumbling around trying to put the spacers away before closing the lid. It's an imperfectly designed package but what isn't these days? All the good ideas are already taken.
The line/mic level button is not an issue for me. It's just underpowered for some of my gigs.
Old 12-29-2016, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
The line/mic level button is not an issue for me. It's just underpowered for some of my gigs.
Mine as well and when the room is large/noisy, It's hard to tell. I thnk on NYE, I'll play it safe and bring a real p.a.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Mine as well and when the room is large/noisy, It's hard to tell. I thnk on NYE, I'll play it safe and bring a real p.a.

I've been disappointed in the reports of low gain. It would still probably have enough power for what I would use it for. I'm waiting for a used one or a big sale to come along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 12-29-2016, 01:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
I've been disappointed in the reports of low gain. It would still probably have enough power for what I would use it for. I'm waiting for a used one or a big sale to come along.

I'm not sure how people are having this problem, especially with an outboard mixer. My guess is that it has more to do with the Eon One not being the right fit for what they do and where they do it.

Matt
Old 12-30-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Last gig I added a small powered speaker to the setup and that gave me what I needed.
Old 12-30-2016, 11:52 AM

Default New Bose L1 killer !?

I just played through one of these at my local music store. It sounds excellent!

https://peavey.com/products/index.cfm/item/705/118863

This also looks like a good option.

LD Systems MAUI 5 Channel PA System, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019PGACR0..._YMXzybV91DB8J

Last edited by martingitdave; 12-30-2016 at 08:37 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification