The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-05-2000, 10:12 PM

Post Pantheon Guitars Announcement

Hand made guitar fans, mark your calendars for an announcement from Pantheon Guitars www.pantheonguitars.com

I've received info from a dear friend, Patrick Theimer, that should interest us all, so here's a bit of a preview.

Luthier Dana Bourgeois and Patrick Theimer have created a cooperative effort to establish a portfolio of the finest acoustic guitars
available to the guitar player. They are working with some of the most accomplished and experienced luthiers building today to create a more efficient production and distribution approach that will allow guys like you and me to access dream guitars.

If we bought directly from the luthiers they have lined up, we'd wait years and pay five digit price tags to get them. But by working with Pantheon Guitars, these same luthiers are granting players the
opportunity to access their designs and attention to quality at a much lower cost and without the time commitment.

They will be offering these guitars through their website
(www.pantheonguitars.com) as well as Pantheon-owned co-located kiosks -- small "stores" located within existing music shops (mostly high-end, independent shops) and other compatible retail venues, with personnel dedicated to selling their guitars. The point is to establish greater access and visibility to great guitars.

All of the guitars will be handmade in their production facility in Maine under the supervision of Dana and all of the other luthiers who have joined them. And the guitars that they will be building are outrageous. Their portfolio will include both traditional and non- traditional flattops, archtops and classicals.

Keep an eye on the website -- they are pushing for the first part of the new year.

Patrick is the fellow who, sight unseen, contacted me through the RMMGA to say he had a Kinscherff Koa High Noon. He dropped it off at my office and left it with me for a few days for me to test drive. Folks, that's a fan of hand made guitars. He's been working very hard on this project and promises a few nice surprises along the way. It's all incredibly exciting.

Marc Durso
Old 01-10-2001, 03:31 AM

Well, I had lunch with Patrick Theimer of Pantheon Guitars and I can't tell you how excited I am by the latest progress with this young company.

Just think, unique, licensed models from top independent lutheirs built by Master Luthier Dand Bourgeios at his shop in Maine.

Guitars, specially designed for Pantheon, by the top luthiers in this New Golden Age of Guitars, built by the creator of the Soloist guitar.

And all at an affordable "hand made" guitar price.

I hope folks will contact Pantheon Guitars http://www.pantheonguitars.com/ and inquire.

Marc Durso
Goodall / Thompson
Old 01-10-2001, 02:23 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

I can't wait till the website opens up. I've been checking it periodically. It sounds like a very interesting idea. Dana Bourgeios is definitely breaking new ground here.

J.R.
Old 01-10-2001, 09:59 PM
Jim

So does this mean that this is a new factory that will be managed by Dana Bourgeois and that will build things like Olsens and Goodalls and Monteleones and such at lower prices than the originals cost?
Old 01-11-2001, 02:28 AM

I believe Dana was able to secure much of his technology and he has hired top techs. I'm not sure of the final "stable" of famous luthiers, but yes, they will build licensed and unique designs by top luthiers with the original brand name on the guitar, and "built by Pantheon" on the inside label.

Keep an eye out.

Marc Durso

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim:
So does this mean that this is a new factory that will be managed by Dana Bourgeois and that will build things like Olsens and Goodalls and Monteleones and such at lower prices than the originals cost?
Old 01-11-2001, 12:12 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

What kind of time frame are we talking here? When will we hear more about these guitars?

J.R.
Old 01-12-2001, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J.R. Rogers:
What kind of time frame are we talking here? When will we hear more about these guitars?

J.R.
Old 01-22-2001, 10:46 PM
victor c cook

oh heck it aint like im going to have any money anyways......i gotta still get over my new taylor purchase!!!!lol...but i guess a person can dream......if we hit the lottery at work...WATCHOUT!!!!cause then im going to stock myself up with some of that there HIGH DOLLAR LUMBER!yes,i'll only buy guitars with names i can hardly pronounce....let alone spell!lol
Old 01-25-2001, 10:34 AM

Through conversations with the company rep, they plan on making guitars this year.

Marc Durso

Quote:
Originally posted by J.R. Rogers:

J.R.
Old 01-25-2001, 10:37 AM

They will be licensed from and built to the exacting details as set by the original luthier by Master Luthier (original Schoenberg soloist for Martin/Eric Schoenberg) Dana Bourgeois at his shop in Maine.

Marc Durso

Quote:
Originally posted by victor c cook:
snipped

WATCHOUT!!!!cause then im going to stock myself up with some of that there HIGH DOLLAR LUMBER!yes,i'll only buy guitars with names i can hardly pronounce....let alone spell!lol[/B]

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification