The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-10-2008, 06:36 PM

Thumbs up New Hardwire RV-7 Reverb

So, as a musician on acoustic guitar, many of us are on the quest for the few effects that work well on acoustic (reverb, chorus...). Hey, we all need to accessorize, right? And of course, any demos online are with an electric guitar, which can give us a rough idea of what it might sound like on an acoustic, but, oh well...

So, I had bought the TC Electronics M350 rack unit, which has really good reverbs and features, but I'd noticed it was actually a bit noisy! Yeah, a TC - maybe it was just my unit. Either way, I returned it.

When I brought it back, the store I was at didn't have many other options for reverb units - within my price range - so I asked about the new Hardwire RV-7 reverb pedal. The salesman didn't even know they had them in stock - they had just gotten them in. So, I went ahead and bought one. I had owned the Digiverb previously, and it was a decent pedal, but this one actually uses Lexicon reverbs! Definitely worth checking out!

I've started using it, and have been very impressed. The room and hall settings work really well for acoustic (and electric for that matter). The pedal is quiet and the reverbs are really natural - no digital noise or whatever in the tails. It just sounds like my guitar in a really nice room. Of course, you can dial it in a little thicker for some sweet fingerpicking, soloing and what-not. And the spring setting sounds awesome on my electric - I actually prefer it over the spring reverb on my Vox. And it has stereo ins/outs, comes with it's own velcro for the bottom, and a glowy sticker for the footswitch on dark stages, and a knob cover thing to keep from accidentally changing the settings... All in all, a very well thought out pedal.

I suppose you can go to Musicians friend, or Digitech.com for more info, but I thought I'd give a little review for anyone else on the quest for natural sounding 'verb. Highly recommended... and made in the ole US of A too.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:41 PM

Thanks for the review. I've been wanting to check out some of the new Hardwire pedals myself.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification