The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-18-2023, 11:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiberty View Post
It holds as well as any normal strap pin. I.e. much better than a pickup, but it's not captive. If you want a captive strap you need to use a locking button as is commonplace on electrics.
Thank you very much.
Old 11-26-2023, 12:34 PM

Thanks everyone
Old 11-26-2023, 08:54 PM

I second these locks, minimalistic and definitely locked and out of the way. I have them on all my acoustics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
Check this device out. I’ve never used one, but recall good reviews here on the AGF.

http://www.tapastring.com/strapkeeper0605.htm
Old 11-26-2023, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
The first thing I did with the Emeralds I owned (and every other guitar I've owned, for that matter) is to swap out the strap buttons for the Planet Waves/D'Addario style. They have a wide, recessed, angular slot that straps fit in nice and securely even thick leather ones. They also work with the D'Addario strap lock system which is my preferred for its simplicity. It's a great design that installs super easy as well, unlike some other strap lock systems I used that were a bear to install especially on thick leather straps.

This one - you can get them brass (gold), black or chrome:

I am anxious to mess with my new emerald. Was thinking about putting on straplocks. Actually they were going to at the factory but forgot. How hard was it? Same size of a hole?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber