The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-18-2023, 09:12 AM

Question Sable sound system (help)!

So I need some help. I have dug and dug for a good easily removable active sound system to pair with my schatten passive hfn currently installed in my McPherson Sable (the preinstalled element just died). I take my mcpherson all over, so the passive system works great for me, but I’m looking to shrink my setup (I play mainly acoustic, but am learning electric and bass). I use a helix which feels overkill for what I am trying to do, so my thought was I could swap it for a stomp and board, then use the extra bucks to make my plugged in acoustic sound more like an acoustic. Does anybody have recommendations for feedback resistant mics for acoustics, specifically a CF guitar? I want something I can take out with too much hassle so when I use it as a paddle in a kayak without fear i’ll fry anything. Jokes aside, I am always moving in and out of the cold, wet, hot, and dry and want to keep my sound system safe, maybe attach the mic to the feedback buster and then I have a simple “oh you want an acoustic sound amped?”. Thanks all!
Old 10-20-2023, 10:00 PM

Just a simple Boss AD-2 works great for me with a passive HFN.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber