The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 09-15-2014, 02:02 PM

Default Vintage 1929 Gibson TG-1 Tenor Guitar, with rare Gibson Tenor Banjo fretboard inlays

SOLD PENDING PAYMENT
Vintage and rare 1929 Gibson TG-1 Tenor Guitar with beautiful Gibson sunburst in a very good condition. FON #9454 clearly marked on neck block. I have never seen another one of these with the fancy TB tenor banjo fretboard inlays like this. Very cool looking. Adirondack spruce over mahogany with Brazilian rosewood fretboard and bridge. As with the L-00 guitars of the era this guitar is extremely light weight in build. It is lively, responsive and rings like a bell. A really great sounding instrument! Original finish with many small scratches, scuffs, dings throughout with 2 repaired top cracks and some touch-ups as you might expect of an old vintage guitar. Some light over spray on a few repaired side and back cracks. 3 back cracks are cleated. No unrepaired cracks or loose braces. Replacement tuners of the era. Original bridge, bridge pins and bridge plate solid and secure. Good easy action up and down the neck with no fret buzz at all. Although the guitar does have some cosmetic wear and repairs as noted it is in great working condition. SPECIFICATIONS: Upper Bout: 9 1/16". Lower Bout: 12 3/4". Body Length: 17 1/8". Body Depth at lower bout:3 7/8". Overall Length: 36". Scale Length: 22 7/8". Nut Width: 1 1/4". Although not collector grade with the aforementioned repairs and cosmetic issues, it is nonetheless a very interesting example with the fancy fretboard inlay, beautiful sunburst, the cool 5-pin bridge..... and is a great structurally-sound and stable player, set-up and ready to go as it is.
Includes old but non-original vintage case in good condition.

SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

72 hr. inspection/approval

25 pictures here: (THE LINKS WORK NOW)

http://s173.photobucket.com/user/bal...gibson%20tenor

(I used a lot of direct and harsh light so that all the imperfections would show-up bigger and badder than the do in real life.)

Last edited by bald melon; 10-14-2014 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:05 PM

Man, that is a cool guitar! If only I had the extra $$ right now...
Old 09-16-2014, 02:58 PM

Thanks!
I fixed the picture links.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:47 PM

Sent you a PM
Old 10-12-2014, 11:01 PM

And I thought I sent you a reply...( which might help explain some other mis-communications with others...)
Yes, it's still available. Sorry, I've been travelling a lot and not been promoting this sale very aggressively as a result. It's a very cool looking and sounding instrument!
Thanks, Gary

Last edited by bald melon; 10-13-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:40 AM

Strange, but I didn't get your reply through the conventional AGF protocols. Please email me at [email protected] so we can communicate effectively and negotiate the transaction.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:53 AM

Email sent.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars