The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Pert View Post
Here's mine:

Sorry-- I couldn't resist. I'm not a purist, just cheap.
I'm "floored" by the simplicity Neal! Nice tight grain!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:05 PM

You'll have to pardon the fact that the picture is upside down, but this is what I currently play through. Well, that's not entirely true, I've since added a Fishman Preamp into the chain for the acoustic side. It should be explained that I primarily play a T5 with an added D-TAR wavelength. The acoustic side of the board is basically the Fishman, the Zoom A2.1u, the Boss RC-30, and then a Morley Mini-Volume. I've modified the A2.1u and the G9.2tt to use the tap tempo on the G9 as a global tap tempo for both. I run a TC Helicon Voicetone Correct XT and Harmony-G on my vocal signal. It's alot, but it's also always evolving.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:46 PM

And this weeks version :-) --- all powered by CIOKS DC-10 under PT1 board.

Flashback always on - very short delay for a touch of ambience. X4 for swimmy sounds, U2 delays and straight eight notes. Infinity Looper (absolutely fantastic sound quality) with dedicated volume. Distortion. Harmony GXT for onboard phantom and a harmony or two. - total weight - 18 lbs. Fishman Aura Spectrum - preamp- EQ - images - Anti feedback - tuner - master mute. Not implemented yet but it also has an effects loop that will let e wrap the pedalboard around it so the direct xlr out has all of my sound as opposed to just the raw guitar.

Last edited by Ivan Lee; 02-01-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:47 PM

I love that on the AGF the purists and the experimentalists can collide. got to admit an "acoustic" pedal board is a bit of an oxymoron. Acoustic: (Noun) The properties or qualities of a room or building that determine how sound is transmitted in it. Keep doin yo thang people's whatever it is. I love me a little phase shifting and chorused delay. Doesn't sound acoustic, but can sound really cool! But my board usually consists of a preamp delay and looper. When I'm pluging in.

Lowden O25C
Martin OOO 1935
Gibson 335 custom
'68 Reissue Custom Fender Strat
Old 02-02-2013, 12:14 AM

Default My Board Before the Zoom A3

I may keep it as is , Or I may redesign it .

But dang the functions are eerily similar to Having the A3

Old 02-02-2013, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repair Dude View Post
I may keep it as is , Or I may redesign it .

But dang the functions are eerily similar to Having the A3

I use the palmer in my electric rig (between amp and cab) and really like it
Old 02-02-2013, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 690MBCOMMANDO View Post
I use the palmer in my electric rig (between amp and cab) and really like it
Yeah that is it's intended use , LOL
But the Warmth and Mellow settings , Along with the Radial Dragster on the input Really Tame the Undersaddle PickuP Blues

I have used this for awhile and always get wow's from my audience

Has to be the Board , cant be me , I aint that good
Old 02-02-2013, 10:36 AM

Nice! Do like that Ibanez delay. Are you using the Radial to present the proper impedance to your guitar and isolate it from the tuner?

Last edited by BTF; 02-02-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:29 PM

Default Love this board but.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbthbt View Post
You'll have to pardon the fact that the picture is upside down, but this is what I currently play through. Well, that's not entirely true, I've since added a Fishman Preamp into the chain for the acoustic side. It should be explained that I primarily play a T5 with an added D-TAR wavelength. The acoustic side of the board is basically the Fishman, the Zoom A2.1u, the Boss RC-30, and then a Morley Mini-Volume. I've modified the A2.1u and the G9.2tt to use the tap tempo on the G9 as a global tap tempo for both. I run a TC Helicon Voicetone Correct XT and Harmony-G on my vocal signal. It's alot, but it's also always evolving.

Love this board but...(& if I'm not mistaken, there's a youtube vid on this &) the carrying case/eq case is the coolest thing. -J.

PS - Not hard to like your choices tho, I'm a big TC fan (& the A2.1U).
Old 02-04-2013, 09:52 PM

There is a guy i know on another board. This is his pedal board.
G&L S500
Old 02-04-2013, 10:37 PM

Default My evolution.....

Thought I'd share.... a bit of a funny jouney (so to speak) of how I've learned that more isn't always best (for me at least). Let me start by saying I love effects. But I'm purely an acoustic/electric guitarist (these days at least - sold the last electric a bit ago). BUT........I sing lead about 85-100% of the time. As just strictly a guitarist - I can have as many footswitches in front of me & still ALWAYS hit the switch I'm aiming for. BUT......... when singing, I've missed at SUPER critical times more times than I want to admit. And when you want a sweet harmony on a chorus (that has been building in energy) and suddenly you get HEAVY vocal distortion or micky mouse voice.........can you say crash & burn LOL. I know I could do it with more practice, but I'm always at the edge with introducing new songs that I barely know let alone tapdancing LOL.

Anyyyywaaays.....

This is how my G.A.S. started....

Just guitar effects....kinda liked the zooms, but really just compomised with the behringers tho

Then I discovered TC Helicon, & fell in love with getting a GOOD vocal sound..

A few steps up in the world....The Voicelive 2 was awesome-BUT hitting that harmony switch was really hard while keeping your mouth aimed properly at the mic. But the eq/tone was worth the price of admission alone.

Then I wanted a better board to house everything.....enter the Pedaltrain..

The biggest one Pedaltrain made....ooh yeah baby, I was so proud that the local ac/elc guitarist was outdoing the electric boys in town here. But then the pluses & minuses started to become clear. On the pluses---I fell in love with the Aura (on all the time), & the A2.1U had the coolest effects (as long as the modelling was off-their modelling always let me down). & the Voicelive 2 was to die for. BUT....on the minus.....TOO MANY SWITCHES (for someone whos singing at the same time). On the first tier I had about a 75% accuracy & the 2nd tier had a 30% acuracy (again...can you say trainwreck). Good I'm a hobbyist LOL. So... no matter how I loved that board, it didn't work for me. Enter the streamlining.....

I love the Aura Spectrum - but since I needed to lighten the load - I got the Aura Onboard preamp installed. Bit expensive, but I love the aura sound. since I only have 1 guitar and I always had the Spectrumon anyways...

I sold the Voicelive 2/Pocket POD(only used for distortion)/Zoom A2.1U/Digitch Jamman Stereo all in and got the Voicelive Play GTX. This little baby is powerful. It has most of the effects that the VL2 has (but only 2 harmony voices instead of the 4 the VL2 has - but I never used more than 2 extra voices on the VL2 in the 3.5yrs I owned it). But the major upgade was the suite of guitar effects. Even distortion/amp modelling. So that took care of the A2.1U & the Pocket POD. (now I kick myself - the A2.1U had the best Tremolo & the VL Play GTX has the worst tremolo I've EVER heard - - BUT I just found one on Kijiji for $80....might have to get it hmmm). Also it has a pretty good looper (hence the homemade 3 switch to the right). So I sold the Jamman. Then after a few months, I got the Jamman Solo. Not for looping - just to play backing tracks. For anyone whos tried to play live with them - it's best to be able to turn them on/off with a footswitch (as upossed to playing them on my tablet). And for quick jams/open mics...

And sometimes if the board is feeling too high to get good foot action...

So.....I'm probably running more effects, but with a VASTLY smaller area. -J.

PS-my aim for the 'HIT' button is great now. It's great that it's in the corner AND assignable to which ever effect.

Last edited by Jasonbee6868; 02-04-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:16 AM

Gotta ask, Krab: Is that friend on the other forum whose board you showed a Gilmour fan? Tasty collection!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Charter Member

Default Mxr

Man,

I had that same Phase-90 MXR phase shifter.

Haven't seen one of those in 20+ years - that brought back some memories.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 02-11-2013, 07:59 PM

So many interesting pedal choices! More more more!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonbee6868 View Post
Love this board but...(& if I'm not mistaken, there's a youtube vid on this &) the carrying case/eq case is the coolest thing. -J.

PS - Not hard to like your choices tho, I'm a big TC fan (& the A2.1U).
Yeah that's my board on youtube. I just finished yesterday upgrading to a T-Rex Fuel Tank Chameleon from a Godlyke power supply. The church I play at weekly now has a LOT of power issues and it fried the little Godlyke without circuit protection. I'm running out of room... I'm considering dumping the G9.2tt and just getting a few choice stomp boxes, maybe even the Zoom G3 and then having more room to spread things out.

Stomping all those switches can get really confusing. I also run the Airturn BT-105 for my iPad and music, so that adds one more in the mix. I remember the first few times I played with this setup I was falling all over myself on stage. All my LED's in the signal routing pedals I made were too bright too, so I was blinded every time I glanced down. I added resistors to dull them down, and over time I got accustomed to the placement, but it was an interesting learning curve.
Dean Exotica Andes
Dean 771J
Alvarez D20S
Walden G570
Epiphone G400 SG
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification