The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 05-17-2016, 01:08 PM

As a previous owner of this wonderful guitar I would like to add that
Rod’s instruments and this one in particular do not just inspire the player visually but also musically.
The guitar sounds heavenly to my ear, sensitive to the lightest touch and with outstanding playability presents the best tool possible for musicians of all levels.
My personal financial circumstances (daughter‘s wedding is coming this September) forced me to sell this beauty and I consider currently every possible scenario of how to get this guitar back.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:52 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Pm's answered.

Several questions have come up and it occurred to me that frankly I've done a poor job of telling details about this guitar. So, here are some things I originally left out that are essential to know:

1) The lower bout is 15 1/2 but plays and feels more like 15 (OM size) due to the arm bevel. It does have a slightly deeper body which contributes to the fullness of tone.

2) The woods are premium grade. Yes, the Englemann has some bearclaw in it. Also, YES the Rosewood is not your "ordinary" EIR. This Rosewood has a ton of color including some red that hopefully you will see in the photo below. Some people seem to say..."ho hum, Englemann EIR"...fact is that these are top grade woods with a lot of personality.

And, yes Woody says "hi!"

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!

Last edited by invguy921; 06-11-2016 at 09:46 AM.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:15 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arodstein View Post
As a previous owner of this wonderful guitar I would like to add that Rod’s instruments and this one in particular do not just inspire the player visually but also musically.
The guitar sounds heavenly to my ear, sensitive to the lightest touch and with outstanding playability presents the best tool possible for musicians of all levels.
My personal financial circumstances (daughter‘s wedding is coming this September) forced me to sell this beauty and I consider currently every possible scenario of how to get this guitar back.
Thanks Alex. I appreciate you "chiming in" on this. If everyone here understood the quality of guitars you own and buy, they would better understand the power of this endorsement.

I have dropped the price again in the interest of enticing someone to move forward.

Last edited by invguy921; 05-20-2016 at 05:25 AM.
Old 05-22-2016, 05:44 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61reissue View Post
Sweet Jesus that is a nice piece...

Bump for a great seller and smoking deal.
Thank you. It's encouraging to know that there are still people out there who realize what a "smoking deal" this is. That said, I am still open to offers that are sensible.

Old 05-22-2016, 06:09 PM

An absolute beauty. Yet another one, Mike........
Old 05-23-2016, 10:39 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by okeem22 View Post
An absolute beauty. Yet another one, Mike........
Thanks Warren! The tone is the most beautiful part of this guitar. I played it the last two days in DADGAD and...oh my goodness.

Old 05-24-2016, 09:52 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

This will be the last chance to get this guitar at a screamin' low price.

SOLD

Last edited by invguy921; 06-12-2016 at 05:54 AM.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:03 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

A person asked me about a picture of the front of the headstock. I can't believe I missed it.

Note: the reflection in the top of it is off of my table.

Here it is:

Old 05-25-2016, 04:50 PM
Charter Member

Rod Schenk's guitars are top of the line and this is bargain basement pricing. Whoever buys this is going to be very happy

Teacher/mentor - Richard Gilewitz

Schenk Grand Fingerstyle (Gilewitz Signature) 12 String
Beneteau OMC -13
Simon Fay OM
Schenk Grand Fingerstyle (Gilewitz Signature) 6 String
Old 05-26-2016, 06:11 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylynch@yahoo. View Post
Rod Schenk's guitars are top of the line and this is bargain basement pricing. Whoever buys this is going to be very happy
Thank you. Someone will be very happy indeed.

The guitar is going...going...but not quite gone. Several people have circled their wagons and I don't anticipate this one lasting much longer. I could be wrong...but I think I'm right this time.

So...speak now if you are thinking this one should be added to your stable. My sense is, within 24 hours this one will be sold.

Another look...

Old 05-26-2016, 08:34 PM

Wink Schenk have you played one?

Are you blankin kiddin me this is still here?
Old 05-27-2016, 06:17 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD123 View Post
Are you blankin kiddin me this is still here?

I know, I know...it absolutely defies logic.
All it tells me is that some people just don't know what some of us know about how good these guitars are. But that's OK. Until then, I keep playing it and enjoying the heavenly melodies that emerge.

What I also know is that despite this being a "buyer's market", somebody who knows how good these are will show up soon and pick this up in a hurry because it is a smokin' great deal on a guitar (as others have pointed out). I've had four people who have been close to buying this for a while. In truth, all I've done is make available to everyone the deals I've offered them hoping someone would move on it.

We'll see what the future holds. I can wait.

Old 05-28-2016, 06:54 AM

If there is one guitar in the non-obscene $$ range that I would give my left nut for it is this one. Despite coming off a move and my wives OMJM messing the bed I still tried to figure out how to wrestle this one from Mike and it is just not in the cards..

I absolutely love the look, the wood, the size and the price can't be beat. Honestly I just wish it would go away and be sold or pulled because I visit the pics about 2x a day!

Last edited by Kerbie; 04-11-2019 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Please refrain from profanity
Old 05-29-2016, 05:41 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61reissue View Post
If there is one guitar in the non-obscene $$ range that I would give my left nut for it is this one. Despite coming off a move and my wives OMJM messing the bed I still tried to figure out how to wrestle this one from Mike and it is just not in the cards..

I absolutely love the look, the wood, the size and the price can't be beat. Honestly I just wish it would go away and be sold or pulled because I visit the pics about 2x a day!
Yep, I agree. But...it is still for sale so someone...possibly you ...still has a shot at this.

Last edited by Kerbie; 04-11-2019 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Edited quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:30 AM

Crazy-good price for an amazing looking guitar! Top shelf seller. Incredible opportunity...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars