The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 05-04-2016, 09:16 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Arrow FS: 2012 Player's Series-Schenk FE Grand Fingerstyle guitar

2012 Schenk FE Grand Fingerstyle guitar-Player's series

Anyone who has followed the success of Rod Schenk will appreciate the guitar I'm selling. Because the huge influence and joint work with Kevin Ryan ... this guitar does feel similar to Ryan's guitar ... playability is spot on, and the the tone is to die for. The resonance is simply off the charts...in fact comparable to some of the very best I've played.

Condition:

This guitar is virtually mint. It has minimal fret wear, and I am yet to find a dent or ding. The previous owner told me it had a mark on the back, but I am still looking for it. As such, it is at least a 9.5/10 The woods are Englemann Spruce/East Indian Rosewood trimmed in Ebony. The other woods you see to trim it out are Macassar Ebony.

Tone:

The tone is as precise as you'll find anywhere. The trebles sparkle and the mids are equally present. The low end is extremely robust and solid and that low E string creates an excellent foundation.

So, you might ask, why am I selling it?? Simple...I bought a few too many guitars...GAS got the best of me. If you look at my signature, you will only see a "portion" of what I own currently. So...someone gets a shot at some of the most amazing guitars on the planet.

This guitar has a gorgeous Florentine cutaway and a lovely arm micro bevel which makes the guitar aesthetically stunning as well as increasing playability.

The build price for this guitar in 2012 was $7290. You can buy this one for substantially less $$ and it will be like stealing it. I've played guitars that were substantially more money that don't have anything on this one tonally or in playability.

It has a 15 1/2 inch lower bout and the bevel makes it feel like an even smaller body. The 1 3/4" Nut width it ideal for most types of play. It has a normal scale length.

Price , SOLDIncludes original Custom Access hard shell case. I will entertain reasonable offers, as well as some trades with a major amount of cash with the trade. I don't need more guitars, but I will help someone buy it if they have the right trade plus cash. The guitar comes with black ebony bridge pins. The ones shown are FWI (Fossilized Walrus) and can be purchased for an additional $175 (which is what I have in them).

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!

Last edited by invguy921; 06-12-2016 at 05:53 AM.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:01 PM

WOW - that's a gorgeous guitar!! And the Schenk connection with Kevin Ryan gives this street cred in terms of build, precision design, and workmanship.

Woody is as good as they come on AGF as a seller. Great communication, highest integrity, careful attention to detail. And takes great care of his guitars. Can't go wrong here!
Old 05-05-2016, 09:07 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel Cedar View Post
WOW - that's a gorgeous guitar!! And the Schenk connection with Kevin Ryan gives this street cred in terms of build, precision design, and workmanship.

Woody is as good as they come on AGF as a seller. Great communication, highest integrity, careful attention to detail. And takes great care of his guitars. Can't go wrong here!
Thanks Andy! The fact is that this is a really great guitar. It plays beautifully and it sounds unbelievable unplugged and awesome plugged in. I know there are a lot of people familiar with Schenks reputation. Vince Gill is one of his loyal artists.

I had a guy who reached out and asked for me to show the "micro" bevel up close. This picture is the best I could get.

Old 05-06-2016, 05:02 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Thanks to all of you who have reached out to me in various ways about this guitar. Many people have followed the widespread acclaim for Rod Schenk's guitars and this one is a prime example of why that following is so strong.

Despite the initial interest, nobody has pulled the trigger on this one yet, and so I'm sweetening the deal. This is a smokin' great guitar in primo condition. If this you have an interest, speak now. If this deal isn't sweet enough, tell me what you think is a great deal and I'll consider it if it is reasonable.

Someone will love this one.

Old 05-06-2016, 07:23 PM

I've never had the opportunity to own a Schenk yet but it's in my bucket list. There's just something about its overall aesthetics that hits the spot for me. The florentine cutaway is also a plus in my book. Wish I was in a position to buy. GLWS Mike!
Old 05-07-2016, 08:14 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedeng88 View Post
I've never had the opportunity to own a Schenk yet but it's in my bucket list. There's just something about its overall aesthetics that hits the spot for me. The florentine cutaway is also a plus in my book. Wish I was in a position to buy. GLWS Mike!
Thanks Rye! Someone will love this one. I've owned a bunch of guitars over the last few years and this one is in the top 5% of all I've owned tonally and in playability. The neck is perfect.

Old 05-07-2016, 10:12 AM

Very nice. Tempting.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:09 AM

Wink Schenk - top of the line build!

Mike,

I'm tempted also, since my Schenk RD is the most powerful dread I've ever played. I've heard even more good things about his smaller bodied guitars. And this gorgeous Florentine cutaway is sick!

This is mine (it's not 4 sale!). I've owned it since the end of last summer and it keeps on delivering satisfaction every time I play it!
http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...ghlight=schenk

The only reason I'm not buying here is that I only keep 4-5 guitars and I own a Schenk already. When I say "top of the line build" look at the other makes in my signature. My Schenk is in good company and strong competition! It holds it own for sure.

Too bad you must sell. This should really sell today. Those thinking about it should really get off your butt and call Mike!

Last edited by JohnnyD123; 05-07-2016 at 11:11 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-07-2016, 12:03 PM
Charter Member

Mike, that table of yours has been the resting place for some badass guitars in the few short months I've been hanging around here. This one is quite special.

Goodall, Martin, Wingert
Old 05-08-2016, 05:28 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage97 View Post
Very nice. Tempting.
I know...and it should be tempting. This is one heck of a guitar. If that "lovin' feeling" hits ya , make me an offer. I'm open to reasonable offers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD123 View Post
Mike,

I'm tempted also, since my Schenk RD is the most powerful dread I've ever played. I've heard even more good things about his smaller bodied guitars. And this gorgeous Florentine cutaway is sick!

Too bad you must sell. This should really sell today. Those thinking about it should really get off your butt and call Mike!
Thanks JD. I too am shocked that someone hasn't pulled the trigger yet. All someone has to do is get this one in their hands and they'll laugh with joy. Did I mention that this one is loud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
Mike, that table of yours has been the resting place for some badass guitars in the few short months I've been hanging around here. This one is quite special.
Mr. P, thanks for the kind words. I do love the table also. It is at my office and just happens to be the right size. And you are right, this guitar is quite special. and that table has had the opportunity to "lay with" some beauties...it's the envy of the table community

Old 05-11-2016, 05:10 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Ok...it's time to push someone over the edge with this latest price reduction. Ya know, I'd hate to take this one over to "the Bay". Someone here around this little AGF community needs to own this one. The guitar is in beautiful condition and plays and sounds amazing. If I have to post a video of this one, I will but when I do the price will go back up for my time and trouble because all of you will go "WOW" that sounds amazing. So, save me the additional time and you the $$. We all know how good this is. Someone here needs to own it.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:28 AM
Charter Member

Smile Yikes

What a beauty! I can second all nice comments about Mike and his guitars.

Someone will own a monster! Mike, I understand about the GAS!!! My sig is only a portion of the stable, too.

Best on the sale of this FINE instrument, and congrats to the new owner

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 05-12-2016, 08:15 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

To say that I'm shocked that this one hasn't been snatched up yet would be an understatement. This is an amazing guitar for this price. Make me an offer.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:14 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Bump for an AMAZING guitar. Make an offer if you have an interest.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:19 PM
Charter Member

PM sent on trading offer.

Goodall Jumbo Royal Hawaiian

Merill & Co C-41

Merill & Co OM-18

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars