The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-05-2024, 08:10 PM
Charter Member

I don't think you are going to "create awareness" or any other buzz about a family owned business that makes as close to boutique guitars as you can get from a factory for a cost that destroys all other factories.

And the owners answer the phones and emails.

And the patriarch trained a significant stream of the highest echelon of luthiers currently in the business today.

Robots don't make their guitars. One piece necks. Old world craftsmanship. No language games or misleading marketing. Scouring the world for tonewoods and supplying the Bigs with the same.

Call me biased, but there seems to be more to the story. The underlying story/OP from 15 years ago already seems to have been suspicious as others have shared.

This is the best brand in the guitar business, bar none, the large factories included. The stories of Larrivee going above and beyond outnumbers any subjective outlier incident.

I am sorry to hear if you are that outlier, but again, your story would not be sufficient to serve as a case of warning to trash this family name. I stand by them, but hope you find a guitar that makes you happy.
Old 03-05-2024, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchnspeed View Post
I don't think you are going to "create awareness" or any other buzz about a family owned business that makes as close to boutique guitars as you can get from a factory for a cost that destroys all other factories.

And the patriarch trained a significant stream of the highest echelon of luthiers currently in the business today.

Robots don't make their guitars. One piece necks. Old world craftsmanship. No language games or misleading marketing. Scouring the world for tonewoods and supplying the Bigs with the same.

Call me biased, but there seems to be more to the story. The underlying story/OP from 15 years ago already seems to have been suspicious as others have shared.

This is the best brand in the guitar business, bar none, the large factories included. The stories of Larrivee going above and beyond outnumbers any subjective outlier incident.

I am sorry to hear if you are that outlier, but again, your story would not be sufficient to serve as a case of warning to trash this family name. I stand by them, but hope you find a guitar that makes you happy.
Fair enough. I don't expect everyone to believe me. Like I said, I think more stories would have helped me make a more informed decision If anyone wants to see the emails you're welcome to PM me. Everyone is entitled to form their own opinions.
Old 03-05-2024, 09:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foleyone View Post
Fair enough. I don't expect everyone to believe me. Like I said, I think more stories would have helped me make a more informed decision If anyone wants to see the emails you're welcome to PM me. Everyone is entitled to form their own opinions.
Don't get me wrong - I DO believe you...just that there might be more information or a matter of degree.

Larrivee, I believe, is the best reputation in the business, and the best factory guitar maker in the business. If someone changes their mind for a factory made custom from Larrivee to another based on one person's bum ordeal, then the loss is on them, with zero offense to you. There is a rich history, experience, and instrument to be had that the others will not be able to provide.

Again, sorry for your unfortunate experience, but I will still suggest Larrivee is far and away the most trustworthy and stand up factory guitar company in the world. They worked harder than anyone else to earn that.
Old 03-06-2024, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchnspeed View Post

What an awesome post. I agree wholeheartedly with everything, and yes, I’ve often think of Larrivee as being close to the boutique brands as well.

Foleyone, I’m sorry to hear of your experience. But as you can see, many of us have had nothing but exceptional experiences with Larrivee (both with our guitars and with personal interactions with the family). They’ve gone above and beyond for me at every turn.

I don’t write this post to discount what you went through, but rather to show it’s one that’s exceedingly rare. In fact, I’ve never read or even heard of someone having a bad experience with Larrivee until this thread. I do think this is an outlier.

Also, bad fret work on a Larrivee? Again, I guess it must happen on occasion, but I’ve played so many that had some of the best fret work I’ve come across on a factory guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion