The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 02-26-2014, 10:24 AM

Default Cutaway=electronics?

For some reason it seems very common to find cutaway crossovers only offered with factory electronics. I like a cutaway but don't want electronics, or a guitar that was designed to be amplified.
What would be some examples of crossovers (that street at 2k usd or less), that feature a cutaway but no electronics?
Eastman John Pisano
Gibson Johnny A
Franklin Prairie State
Collings D1A
Old 02-26-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wengr View Post
For some reason it seems very common to find cutaway crossovers only offered with factory electronics. I like a cutaway but don't want electronics, or a guitar that was designed to be amplified.
What would be some examples of crossovers (that street at 2k usd or less), that feature a cutaway but no electronics?
Kenny Hill New World crossovers offer a cutaway/no electronics option. IMHO, the best crossover bang for the buck.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:55 AM

Default Crossover cutaway

Quote:
I'd suggest checking out the Kenny Hill New World La Curva Crossover cutaway.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:06 AM

Quote:
http://www.fernandezmusic.com/ usually has some cutaway models that are purely acoustic.

The R. Fernandez Model 70-cutaway is made by Esteve in Spain, all solid wood (Cedar/Indian Rosewood), Spanish heel, standard classical dimensions (not a "crossover", so that may be a deal breaker for you), for around $1700.

I own a similar, slightly higher-end non-cutaway model that Esteve used to make (the Model 75), and I love it.
2002 Line 6 DuoVerb 2x12
1999 Warwick Streamer Standard
2003 SWR LA15 1x15
2012 Remo 14inch Key-Tuned Djembe
Old 03-01-2014, 06:53 AM

The Cervantes Crossover I or Crossover II would fit the bill for you perfectly. I'm anxiously awaiting one I have coming in Indian Rosewood/Spruce that should be here any day

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical