The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 02-21-2014, 03:27 PM
Charter Member

Default Classical Players in Raleigh, NC -- Instrument Consultation

Any experienced classical players in or around the Raleigh NC area that might be willing to spend a few minutes testing out a new guitar I purchased? I bought a seriously discounted Cordoba Solista because it had a serious issue (cracked neck!) which was repaired and sold for about 40% of normal street price. I have it on a 30 day return policy, and was hoping someone who knows classical guitars would be willing to see what they think of it. I think it sounds great, but this is my first classical guitar. If I run it into a guitar shop to A/B it, I will likely get only reasons why I should buy new from them.

If it plays and sounds like an instrument above the value of what I paid for it, the next stop will be to a reputable luthier to check the stability of the neck out before I decide to keep it.

If it plays and sounds like a guitar in the $500-600 range, then I will likely return her and get an instrument that has no prior issues with it.

Otherwise I'd love to connect with people in the area who might have some pointers for a steel-string playing intermediate kind of guy who wants to branch out into classical, flamenco, bossa nova...etc.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:46 PM

The guitars are all glue and wood. If it is fixed correctly you ll have no problem.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical