The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-18-2017, 01:11 PM

I personally don't get it. IMHO why don't we save money by getting rid of physical money all together (paper and coins); I understand it costs more to make the money than what the actual worth of the money itself.

Then just use credits aka credit cards. Your paycheck is money going into your bank account and from there you can continue to use your debit card, CC, and so on.

Also make sure we don't have a monopoly on it so the stores have choices to go elsewhere if a bank they use gets greedy.

Crypto money to me is all hype and an old idea that became trendy. But who knows, dumber stuff has happened and continues to happen.

Last edited by Kerbie; 12-18-2017 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Removed masked profanity
Old 12-18-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbn73 View Post
Yeah. There are entire nations getting into crypto currency or at least considering it. It certainly isn't merely a speculative investment opportunity.

There's nothing wrong, by the way, with folks NOT understanding how monetary systems work. Most people don't, even at very basic levels. What I DON'T understand is the amount of conversation emphatically had in this thread by those who apparently know NOTHING about it at all.

Beyond all conversation about the future of bitcoin etc., the very fact that hack-proof virtual currency has been CREATED in the first place; that value has been created without it being attached to any particular nation or bank, simply by limiting the supply to its means of production etc. is nothing short off amazing.

Block chain ITSELF is a game changer for future technology, with implications for things like preventing voter fraud at almost zero cost, or allowing for legal/contractual transactions online etc, again, without the involvement of the State. How many online transactions are currently not worth being had in the first place , because the cost isn't worth the transaction fees for PayPal etc.? This technology removes the need for a lot of those third-party entities.

This is an amazing modern technology. Again, it's okay to not understand something, but it's silly to talk about it so strongly, if one doesn't understand.
"There's nothing wrong, by the way, with folks NOT understanding how monetary systems work"

I strongly disagree with this statement

So much so that I would say that virtually every horrible man made problem stems from the fact most people know nothing about how their money is created, and yet they will spend their entire lives trying to get it.

If the world wanted to "fix" itself, the first place to start would be a global PSA that repeated over and over again until people understood what was happening to them as it pertains to the money they want and chase after, because if they did , the first thing the would do is LOOSE FAITH in the money they use and "used"to want.

Again, "money" ie a means of exchange and store of wealth is not the problem....

THE money you are using as a means of exchange and store of wealth is the problem...

To understand the above is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR ANY HUMAN BEING TO UNDERSTAND. Jessupe says that THE money we are using is the lynchpin to all of humanities problems....WHY IS THAT? ... do not try to steer this question to politics, religion or race, this question transcends and encompasses everything you do regardless of who or what you are, it is a question based in pure economics,nothing else other than psychology of a group and why do you think something is good.

and this is what I do know...ANYONE who has an average iq, anyone who is "normal" in so far as being one who does not want to be "ripped off"in a crime, once they understand "the thing" , suddenly ANY money besides usd, pounds, euro, etc. seems great. Because no one wants to get ripped off or stolen from and no one want their collective good intentions to be used for bad.

And that's where bitcoin comes in.

Of course it is "set up" to seem like it just propagated from the "people" {anon satoshi}

Because what they want more than anything is an all digital, global, one world currency, a currency that makes it so there will be no "cheating" in your accounting { see sweden and india}

but how can we get a global population to go along with this? I know! we'll put up a sign that says "FREE MONEY" ...next thing you know, people will be talking about it on guitar forums wondering how they can get their piece of the pie...

So quite frankly, bitcoin and CC are that line with the sign that says free money, the sooner you get in line the more free money you will get

because more than anything, the "international bankers" want bitcoin...they just pretend like they don't

and because of this "fact" bitcoin will not fail....unless some kid uses the same tech to take them down.

But nope, war, poverty, starvation, disparity etc. all of it is rooted in the fact that people don't understand their money, and don't understand that THE money they use its what actually doing this or how it could be the problem.

Understand how your money is created, and you will understand how the world works and why it is the way that it is.

It could be so much better, I do think we are better than this, and that the key to becoming better as a species is to understand money creation/monetary systems...

Last edited by jessupe; 12-18-2017 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessupe View Post
"There's nothing wrong, by the way, with folks NOT understanding how monetary systems work"

I strongly disagree with this statement

So much so that I would say that virtually every horrible man made problem stems from the fact most people know nothing about how their money is created, and yet they will spend their entire lives trying to get it.

If the world wanted to "fix" itself, the first place to start would be a global PSA that repeated over and over again until people understood what was happening to them as it pertains to the money they want and chase after, because if they did , the first thing the would do is LOOSE FAITH in the money they use and "used"to want.

Again, "money" ie a means of exchange and store of wealth is not the problem....

THE money you are using as a means of exchange and store of wealth is the problem...

and this is what I do know...ANYONE who has an average iq, anyone who is "normal" in so far as being one who does not want to be "ripped off"in a crime, once they understand "the thing" , suddenly ANY money besides usd, pounds, euro, etc. seems great. Because no one wants to get ripped off or stolen from and no one want their collective good intentions to be used for bad.

And that's where bitcoin comes in.

Of course it is "set up" to seem like it just propagated from the "people" {anon satoshi}

Because what they want more than anything is an all digital, global, one world currency, a currency that makes it so there will be no "cheating" in your accounting { see sweden and india}

but how can we get a global population to go along with this? I know! we'll put up a sign that says "FREE MONEY" ...next thing you know, people will be talking about it on guitar forums wondering how they can get their piece of the pie...

So quite frankly, bitcoin and CC are that line with the sign that says free money, the sooner you get in line the more free money you will get

because more than anything, the "international bankers" want bitcoin...they just pretend like they don't

and because of this "fact" bitcoin will not fail....unless some kid uses the same tech to take them down.

But nope, war, poverty, starvation, disparity etc. all of it is rooted in the fact that people don't understand their money, and don't understand that THE money they use its what actually doing this or how it could be the problem.

Understand how your money is created, and you will understand how the world works and why it is the way that it is.

It could be so much better, I do think we are better than this, and that the key to becoming better as a species is to understand money creation/monetary systems...
I don't think international bankers WANT bitcoin. I don't think that they especially love the block chain technology which allows anyone to basically create exchangeable currency of their own, outside of bit coin etc.

Most antiestablishment, antigovernment types actually love crypto currencies for very obvious reasons. The fact that governments are actually starting to try to copy things like bitcoin for actual government currency, and are trying to "get in on the game" - way too late - certainly doesn't lead me to believe that establishment banking is actually BEHIND all of it.

Feels a lot like saying that traditional software companies just love the popularity of shareware platforms which put them out of business.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbn73 View Post
I don't think international bankers WANT bitcoin. I don't think that they especially love the block chain technology which allows anyone to basically create exchangeable currency of their own, outside of bit coin etc.

Most antiestablishment, antigovernment types actually love crypto currencies for very obvious reasons. The fact that governments are actually starting to try to copy things like bitcoin for actual government currency, and are trying to "get in on the game" - way too late - certainly doesn't lead me to believe that establishment banking is actually BEHIND all of it.

Feels a lot like saying that traditional software companies just love the popularity of shareware platforms which put them out of business.
I've learned a lot in this thread, and probably the most eye-opening thing was that crypto currency is simply one of the uses for block chain technology. (see post #16, #31, #45, #57 and others)

this short youtube video is a great intro to that differentiation.
https://youtu.be/r43LhSUUGTQ

thanks to all who posted links to information.

Huss & Dalton CM
McKnight MacNaught
Breedlove Custom 000
Albert & Mueller S
Martin LXE
Voyage-Air VM04
Eastman AR605CE
Old 12-18-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyFB View Post
I've learned a lot in this thread, and probably the most eye-opening thing was that crypto currency is simply one of the uses for block chain technology. (see post #16, #31, #45, #57 and others)

this short youtube video is a great intro to that differentiation.
https://youtu.be/r43LhSUUGTQ

thanks to all who posted links to information.
Very cool. Here's one on security elements of the block chain and how it's nearly impossible to hack . Very interesting stuff I haven't heard before. "Proof of work" element is very interesting for example.https://youtu.be/SSo_EIwHSd4
Old 01-09-2018, 05:02 PM

Been a bad week so far.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...vious-day.html
Old 01-09-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:

funny thing is, in all of these responses to the post, and with all my posts, not one person has asked

"what is this "one thing" you keep talking about?"

I was just sitting back, waiting for you to divulge , but you've left a trail of crumbs....
Old 01-09-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonWint View Post
Now it's worth $3400, six days later.

Should have bought more; I need an OM to fill out my collection. Would really like an early 1931 OM-28, not Authentic, the "real McCoy".
Up to $5982 now.

Bought some more Ether 3 weeks ago. It's up 62%.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonWint View Post
Up to $5982 now.

Bought some more Ether 3 weeks ago. It's up 62%.
Okay, what is ether? I mean I know from the scientific view point but is this along the lines of Bitcoin? My search comes back ng.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
It is about MANY THINGS but above all else it is about BLOCKCHAIN/SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN/SMART CONTRACTS/ THE TANGLE/ ANY SOCIAL CONSTRUCT {SUCH AS AN ELECTION} AND IN GENERAL HAS THE ABILITY TO WIPE OUT ANY AND ALL "MIDDLE MEN" ECONOMIES IN ALL SECTORS. IE THE ABILITY TO STOP PARASITIC EXPLOITATION. AND WILL BE HEAVILY USED AND RELIED ON WITH THE INCOMING AI NETWORKS ON G5
You diminish the power of your argument when you use CAPRICIOUS CAPITALIZATION, dude.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
You know that's just one cryptocurrency, correct?
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 01-09-2018, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHS View Post
Okay, what is ether? I mean I know from the scientific view point but is this along the lines of Bitcoin? My search comes back ng.
Ethereum....
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 01-10-2018, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
You know that's just one cryptocurrency, correct?

I know, and that’s the point, it’s so volatile, you never know which one is next.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Shelton View Post
I was just sitting back, waiting for you to divulge , but you've left a trail of crumbs....
not discuss-able on this forum, find my email on my website , write me there and I'll explain.

but understand, once you find out, if you can come to find it to be the truth....meaning I will tell you something, you may or may not believe it to be true, it will be up to you to to decide 1. if you think it is true, 2. if so , it will take time for you to investigate it to verify it....once verified

it will change everything about the way you understand the world....

like a loose thread attached to a sweater, you only need to pull about 12" of yearn to start to "unravel" it, if you continue to pull on the thread, eventually it will expose to you whats really going on...

understand this information can literally change, alter, destroy your paradigm about the way you think the world works...

because of this it can be extremely dangerous to your psychological and mental health....

if after studying and learning what must be learned and coming to concrete understanding

this information does have the capability, based on where it goes,to alienate you from "others" who either do not know, do not want to know, or don't believe any of it...

based on this information being so paradigm shifting, it often times illicits a response of cognitive dissonance whereas the person hearing this info will reject it based on it basically shattering all your preconceived notions about the way things really work....

IF this information was not true, there would be no bitcoin, there would have been no need to invent it or present it as it was....

all this information is about is how you think something is one way, but its really another

and I would say the exact thing about bitcoin...
Old 01-10-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
I know, and that’s the point, it’s so volatile, you never know which one is next.
But they are all trending upwards. Ripple will be back to its former price soon.
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s