The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 12-21-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggg View Post
Hmm. It's not like I get a great kick out of playing devil's advocate, but I have to wonder why the "superb" vocal capabilities weren't demonstrated on company videos or mentioned on the company website? Generally superb capabilities are played up, not played down. For example, I don't generally leave superb songs off CDs.

Yeah, it's not easy to demo this class of amps even in big cities. Retail shops seem to stock up on the sure-thing low and mid priced amps rather than take a chance on lesser known and higher priced brands.
Unless I get a vocal demo of the amp in question I pass. I think the whole point of these new generation upper tier acoustic amps is that they work like mini PAs, they sure are priced that way, so why not show the vocal projection/tone capability? The only exception would be if I was a 100% instrumental performer.
Old 12-21-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Hmm. It's not like I get a great kick out of playing devil's advocate, but I have to wonder why the "superb" vocal capabilities weren't demonstrated on company videos or mentioned on the company website?
They don't have any of their own videos at all ... the one video is a review. I don't get why people act suspicious ... this is a company (and an owner) with a great track record.
Old 12-21-2017, 02:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyAxe View Post
They don't have any of their own videos at all ... the one video is a review. I don't get why people act suspicious ... this is a company (and an owner) with a great track record.
While I am not willing to dismiss considering the unit out of hand, for my vocal and guitar needs because of a lack of video with vocal
And not that it really matters BUT--
Actually they do have one instrumental demo video right on their Acoustic Array Pro page and also Youtube which lists Genzler as the upload party

https://www.genzleramplification.com/shop/acoustic-array-pro/

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1
Old 12-21-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
You did notice where I said there's nothing inherently wrong with focusing on guitar sounds for an acoustic guitar amplifier, right? There's every chance Mr. Genzler hit the target in that area.

On the other hand, this is a new company whose predecessor company's former lead acoustic amp designer moved to Mesa, so I'm not sure why you think it's a certainty that this is a can't miss product for guitar and vocals.

We've had one member weigh in and say he's primarily a singer and he's totally happy singing through the similar AER Compact 60 (although a lot of people say the opposite). So anything's possible.

Last edited by troggg; 12-21-2017 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
...... wow.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:36 PM

I was going to buy a *name of popular guitar maker* guitar, but since they didn't mention whether it was good for my specific style, I passed.

1978 Larrivee L-26 cutaway
1988 Larrivee L-28 cutaway
2006 Larrivee L03-R
2009 Larrivee LV03-R
2016 Irvin SJ cutaway
2020 Irvin SJ cutaway (build thread)
K+K, Dazzo, Schatten/ToneDexter

Notable Journey website
Facebook page

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. - Leonardo Da Vinci
Old 12-21-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
...... wow.
If that last sentence offended you, I edited it out. Apologies if it did, didn't mean to.
Old 12-22-2017, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
This looks great. But it's frustrating because I've never been able to buy any acoustic Genz amps in the UK. And I've just checked at www.gollihurmusic.com and they are not allowed to ship the array to the UK. Lots of musicans over here would be interested!
It would be worth asking Cream City Music if they could ship to the UK. They stock the new Genzler and do international shipping.

Genz Benz acoustic amps have been very rare in the UK - I managed to find my Shenandoah 30 used a couple of years ago on e-bay, couldn't believe my luck. These new Genzlers sound great in the demos, love the contour dial.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:51 AM

Default The new Genzler Acoustic Array

Well to start, I'd like to say hello to all in this community discussing our new Acoustic Array Pro and to say that yes, I have been remiss to be so late to joining in and offer insight or answers to your questions.
Frankly I thought I was a member back in the GB days but that is all behind us know.

I do want to thank @RustyAxe for emailing me and recommending checking out this thread. So, if I may I'd like to provide answers to several of the questions offered in this thread:

@Gibbo, this AA-PRO will be available in the UK soon through our dealer Bass Direct. They have one shipping to them soon and while they are a bass shop, Mark and his team are excellent gents and would be happy to introduce you to this product later in January.

@RustyAxe, Denny, again thank you for your email and for sharing it here. For the discussion regarding the ability of the AA-PRO to provide vocal reinforcement, it is our opinion that this speaker system design is ideal for vocal reproduction. AND YES, as several have mentioned a video demo of this would be helpful and certainly is on our list to provide soon. Your comments on this point are spot on and greatly appreciated.

The same principals of our Array design that provide smooth, event and articulate response of the guitar also are valid for how the amp response to a singers voice. The 10" woofer used is loaded into a ported chamber and offer rich, full LF reinforcement up to the midrange where the Array element crosses in. The 4 x 2.5" paper-cone speakers (not tweeters) handle most of the mid's and all high freq. With the internal crossover this design provides a seamless transition between these important frequencies.
Perhaps an even greater benefit to this design is how it projects into a performance venue AND how it disperses in the horizontal plane. The Array design enhances the vocal character much better than a simple woofer/tweeter design. With this design we are allowing the larger woofer to delivers those frequencies in can to with the most efficiency and the same for the smaller 2.5" drivers in the Line Array configuration. Stacked in a column as they are increases the small drivers total output, extends their HF range somewhat and widens their horizontal dispersion way beyond a simple woofer/tweeter design.
Another point for you singer/guitars, the Mic and Instrument inputs on each channel DO mix together and to not cancel each other out. So if your doing a solo gig and a friend stops by to sit in you can plug in a Mic and Guitar into the same channel if needed. Phantom power is also offer on each Mic input.

About the physical specs the amp is 27 lbs and 16.75"H x 15.75"W x 3.75"D.
Yes, there are some issues with the website info and will be cleaned up. This is a NEW website launched the same weekend we started shipping the AA-PRO and with the site conversion some things got a little wonky. This will be addressed.

@chriscom, yes Chuck Levins is stocking the AA-PRO so if you're nearby I hope you'll stop by and talk to Carlos or Paul. When first demoing the AA-PRO there they played every guitar that is usually a challenge for an acoustic amp to faithfully reproduce. They were very impressed with how the AA-PRO offer the natural voice of each instrument.

I'm sorry to be so lengthy here but I wanted to catch up to the discussion.

I also noticed a comment about our great friend Andy, one of our former engineers at GB how is now at Mesa, and doing excellent work.
Our GENZLER design team is myself and Scott Andres, our other former GB engineer who was also crucial in many of the GB bass, guitar and acoustic amp designs we produced. Together we've worked for nearly 2 decades and we feel that our latest GENZLER products (both bass and acoustic) are a culmination of those years and products designed.
GENZLER AMPLIFICATION is certainly our the Next Generation of what we feel we can bring to the player community.

Along with that mission is conversation --- listening on our end and responding to users and potential users of our products. That is as important a part of the product development process as laying out a new circuit board.

I'll do my best to answer questions or address any comments or concerns offered here. This has been our history.

Again, thank you for your interest and I hope I have not gone to far overboard here.

It is a busy time for all and I wish all the best of the Holidays.

Jeff
Old 12-22-2017, 09:39 AM

I just plugged into the amp. no other effects or preamps.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Genzler View Post
Well to start, I'd like to say hello to all in this community discussing our new Acoustic Array Pro and to say that yes, I have been remiss to be so late to joining in and offer insight or answers to your questions.
Frankly I thought I was a member back in the GB days but that is all behind us know.

I do want to thank @RustyAxe for emailing me and recommending checking out this thread. So, if I may I'd like to provide answers to several of the questions offered in this thread:

@Gibbo, this AA-PRO will be available in the UK soon through our dealer Bass Direct. They have one shipping to them soon and while they are a bass shop, Mark and his team are excellent gents and would be happy to introduce you to this product later in January.

@RustyAxe, Denny, again thank you for your email and for sharing it here. For the discussion regarding the ability of the AA-PRO to provide vocal reinforcement, it is our opinion that this speaker system design is ideal for vocal reproduction. AND YES, as several have mentioned a video demo of this would be helpful and certainly is on our list to provide soon. Your comments on this point are spot on and greatly appreciated.

The same principals of our Array design that provide smooth, event and articulate response of the guitar also are valid for how the amp response to a singers voice. The 10" woofer used is loaded into a ported chamber and offer rich, full LF reinforcement up to the midrange where the Array element crosses in. The 4 x 2.5" paper-cone speakers (not tweeters) handle most of the mid's and all high freq. With the internal crossover this design provides a seamless transition between these important frequencies.
Perhaps an even greater benefit to this design is how it projects into a performance venue AND how it disperses in the horizontal plane. The Array design enhances the vocal character much better than a simple woofer/tweeter design. With this design we are allowing the larger woofer to delivers those frequencies in can to with the most efficiency and the same for the smaller 2.5" drivers in the Line Array configuration. Stacked in a column as they are increases the small drivers total output, extends their HF range somewhat and widens their horizontal dispersion way beyond a simple woofer/tweeter design.
Another point for you singer/guitars, the Mic and Instrument inputs on each channel DO mix together and to not cancel each other out. So if your doing a solo gig and a friend stops by to sit in you can plug in a Mic and Guitar into the same channel if needed. Phantom power is also offer on each Mic input.

About the physical specs the amp is 27 lbs and 16.75"H x 15.75"W x 3.75"D.
Yes, there are some issues with the website info and will be cleaned up. This is a NEW website launched the same weekend we started shipping the AA-PRO and with the site conversion some things got a little wonky. This will be addressed.

@chriscom, yes Chuck Levins is stocking the AA-PRO so if you're nearby I hope you'll stop by and talk to Carlos or Paul. When first demoing the AA-PRO there they played every guitar that is usually a challenge for an acoustic amp to faithfully reproduce. They were very impressed with how the AA-PRO offer the natural voice of each instrument.

I'm sorry to be so lengthy here but I wanted to catch up to the discussion.

I also noticed a comment about our great friend Andy, one of our former engineers at GB how is now at Mesa, and doing excellent work.
Our GENZLER design team is myself and Scott Andres, our other former GB engineer who was also crucial in many of the GB bass, guitar and acoustic amp designs we produced. Together we've worked for nearly 2 decades and we feel that our latest GENZLER products (both bass and acoustic) are a culmination of those years and products designed.
GENZLER AMPLIFICATION is certainly our the Next Generation of what we feel we can bring to the player community.

Along with that mission is conversation --- listening on our end and responding to users and potential users of our products. That is as important a part of the product development process as laying out a new circuit board.

I'll do my best to answer questions or address any comments or concerns offered here. This has been our history.

Again, thank you for your interest and I hope I have not gone to far overboard here.

It is a busy time for all and I wish all the best of the Holidays.

Jeff
Taking the time to post here speaks volumes (with a good bit of dispersion included ) Thanks

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1
Old 12-22-2017, 09:48 AM

I will be doing a vocal demo vid soon and on where violin is included and one where a piezo style pick up is involved..
Shew.. lots of work for me, but I plan to do this in the next few weeks!
Thanks everyone for checking this out and Thanks to Mr. Genzler for chiming in and joining the discussion.
Cheers everyone and happiest of holidays to all of you!
Old 12-26-2017, 04:31 PM

Default Here is a vocal with Amp

I'm not a singer so much..
The sound captured here is from the mounted mic on the camera. and you're hearing the amplifier and my voice through the AKG C1000 mic..
oops I forgot the pop filter cover thingy...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Tags
acoustic amp