The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 01-10-2018, 11:53 AM
AGF Sponsor

I have been using FedEx for many years. They are not the only shipping service I have tried, but they have been the most reliable. My biggest complaint is the about a quarter of the time their 3 day express saver service gets delivered on the second day. This is usually viewed as a bonus, but if the recipient weren’t home it would mean being on the truck twice, the very kind of handling I am trying to avoid.

For several years now I have been using a rebilling service called lowshiprates.com. They bulk package their customer’s billing which means I get the same rates as the biggest shippers, which translates to around a 40% discount against regular rates. I figure this is saving both my customers and myself about $2000 a year. They do UPS and DHL as well.

You can do this too! If you sign up, use my name as a reference and I may come out a little more ahead yet. Win/win.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:00 PM

Good to know. Glad to see them giving the little guy a break. (nothing personal about that remark)
Old 01-10-2018, 08:18 PM

Bruce, I'd be glad to help, um you, out....
Old 01-11-2018, 03:00 PM
Charter Member

It has arrived and its beautiful...

Unfortunately, I am currently suffering through the respiratory bug de jour and don’t feel up to playing... stay tuned...
Old 01-11-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
It has arrived and its beautiful...

Unfortunately, I am currently suffering through the respiratory bug de jour and don’t feel up to playing... stay tuned...
We'll just have to wait patiently then .
Old 01-12-2018, 10:27 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Still waiting ....

Hope you are feeling better.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieAtienza View Post
We'll just have to wait patiently then .
Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
Still waiting ....

Hope you are feeling better.
Hopefully, I will crawl out from under this respiratory crud by this weekend. I am on day 4 of this funk (best avoided)...
Old 01-13-2018, 10:54 AM
Charter Member

Default Initial Thoughts...

Because of my slow recovery from this blasted flu, I have only had a three brief 30 minute playing sessions with the guitar since it arrived two days ago. In short, to no surprise, Bruce has done it again.... This is truly a FANTASTIC guitar!

While physically a larger guitar at 16”, it is quite comfortable to play due to its moderate body depth (4-3/8”), a subtle taper of a Manzer wedge and narrow (9-1/4”) waist. Amazingly, for a 16” guitar, it weighs < 4 lb. (3.98 lb.).

Tonally, the first words that come to my mind are this guitar has amazing string-to-string separation and a beautiful timbral balance across the strings. The mix of fundamentals and overtones is just how I like it, with fundamentals commanding the aural weight with supportive warmth provided by overtones. The type of timbral clarity I hear in melodies when I play it is what you normally expect to hear in a fine smaller bodied guitar. I hear that tonal clarity but with the extended volume and frequency response afforded by a larger body.

Here’s a recording of Bruce playing a contra dance tune (Rythme) on it last week when it was strung with 80/20 strings. It now has PB strings on it and to my ear sounds a touch warmer.

http://mojoluthier.com/Music/Rythme-SJ.mp3

More when I feel better...
Old 01-13-2018, 11:04 AM
AGF Sponsor

Seeing this guitar for the first time through the eyes of another, or at least in pictures I didn’t take, I am struck with its physical balance; it really does look good to me.

Looks like you’re feeling better, Bob, or at least up and around a bit more, which is much the same.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:16 PM
Charter Member

Congrats, superb looking, break er in...! Enjoy
Old 01-13-2018, 02:06 PM
Music soothes the soul!

Beautiful guitar Bob (and Bruce)!!! Sure looks big to me and I’m amazed at the 3.98 lbs. I look forward to Artisan.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
Seeing this guitar for the first time through the eyes of another, or at least in pictures I didn’t take, I am struck with its physical balance; it really does look good to me.

Looks like you’re feeling better, Bob, or at least up and around a bit more, which is much the same.
The bug is still hanging on, but I have my fingers crossed that this is a >= 7-day flu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondave View Post
Congrats, superb looking, break er in...! Enjoy
Thanks Dave...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
Beautiful guitar Bob (and Bruce)!!! Sure looks big to me and I’m amazed at the 3.98 lbs. I look forward to Artisan.
Dennis, 3.98 lbs is heavy for Bruce, but this is a large guitar. My other smaller Sexauers are 3.36 (0), 3.64 (L00) and 3.74 lbs (000)...
Old 01-13-2018, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post

Congrats Bruce and Bob! The guitar sounds very balanced as well!

Bob, good to hear you're on the mend!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop