The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 02-08-2015, 07:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotten View Post
I don't believe there was any confusion whatsoever on my part about Bob's involvement with the building of any guitar in his shop. Howard was very open and honest about the history, trials and successes they have experienced over the years. I deeply appreciated that!

I appreciate backdrifter's comments. I had indeed intended to share a great, unexpected experience with one of the world's finest archtop guitar names. I never dreamed that people would respond so negatively. I thought that was reserved for the hyper Martin vs. Taylor vs. Gibson crowd! Oh well. If a Benedetto is not for you, for any reason whatsoever, I hereby officially absolve you from any obligation to buy one. That should make everyone feel better, right? Buy what you like. We'll celebrate with you.

One of the things I've enjoyed most about the AGF over the years is that if Jim is excited about his experience with a new guitar, whether it's a D'Angelico, Danelectro, D'Aquisto, or Dobro, Joe normally doesn't come over to rain on his parade, carefully explaining to Jim why he definitely should NOT like the guitar that he does. Maybe things are different among the archtop crowd?

cotten
I have apologized once. I will now do so again unreservedly. It was not my intention to rain on you sharing what must have been a fun experience. I tried unsuccessfully to say that in my prior post. The confusion that I was referring to was that of the general buying public and not yours who had visited the shop.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:43 AM

Thanks. Sincerely.

cotten
Old 02-10-2015, 08:58 PM

Cotten, I loved your story. What a great and personal way to experience the Benedetto factory and service.

ii-V ... I'm mostly with you, guess we need another thread to really talk Benedetto guitars.

Circle 'Round the Sun
Old 02-12-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archtop Guy View Post
...ii-V ... I'm mostly with you, guess we need another thread to really talk Benedetto guitars.
Agree on both counts.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops