The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 01-22-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKFromPA View Post
Check out this place in North Jersey...I think they are a brick and mortar store too but I'm not sure about that:

http://guitarsnjazz.com/
They're open by appointment - and with 500 instruments on hand at any given time you're not likely to beat their selection:

http://guitarsnjazz.com/visiting-the-showroom/
Old 01-25-2015, 08:26 AM
Charter Member

Plus one for Fred Oster @ Vintage-instruments.com he has some really beautiful stuff !
I was at Guitar center in Commack NY yesterday picking up strings and they had a late 70's Guild Artist Award for 4100 I believe...it was a fine guitar...
Dan
Old 01-25-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbintegrity View Post
...I was at Guitar Center in Commack, NY yesterday picking up strings, and they had a late-70's Guild Artist Award for $4100 I believe...it was a fine guitar...
Those Westerly Guild Artist Awards are tremendously undervalued; if this one came with the factory DeArmond pickup I'd go back and grab it while the getting is good - that pickup alone is worth $1K+ on the vintage market, and you're not about to get anything near that level of quality in an American-made archtop for anything near the price...
Old 01-26-2015, 05:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
Those Westerly Guild Artist Awards are tremendously undervalued; if this one came with the factory DeArmond pickup I'd go back and grab it while the getting is good - that pickup alone is worth $1K+ on the vintage market, and you're not about to get anything near that level of quality in an American-made archtop for anything near the price...
LOL that would explain the switching of the pick up to a bartolini....
Still a good playing / sounding guitar
Old 02-05-2015, 08:54 PM

Also, check your area pawn shops. I found this gem all dusty in the back of a local pawn shop for $200!!!

It's a '91 "Pre Joe Pass" Emperor.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops