The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 01-11-2024, 01:20 AM

Question Is this a Yamaha G-70D MIJ? If not... then what?

Quick question gents - looking to pick this up... the owner knows very little about it. It needs the tuners replaced and some TLC.

The label appears to say "G-70D" which I suspect may be a Yamaha G-70D Early 1970’s MIJ... however it's hard to say given the poor shape of the label and the photos.

A quick search shows no C-70D model by Yamaha.

Does anyone have any experience identifying this type of Yamaha classical guitar?

Old 01-11-2024, 05:11 PM

Photos are too small to really tell much. Can you post or link to larger and higher resolution versions?

If it is a G-70D, those were made from 1967 to 1974, spruce top with maple back/sides, all laminate. Scale length is 658mm. This is all based on the Yamaha info found here: https://yamahavintagefg.com/yamaha-a...uitar-archive/

Given the all laminate construction and what I know about similar models, this is an entry level student guitar and not particularly valuable.
Old 01-14-2024, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smwink View Post
Photos are too small to really tell much. Can you post or link to larger and higher resolution versions?

If it is a G-70D, those were made from 1967 to 1974, spruce top with maple back/sides, all laminate. Scale length is 658mm. This is all based on the Yamaha info found here: https://yamahavintagefg.com/yamaha-a...uitar-archive/

Given the all laminate construction and what I know about similar models, this is an entry level student guitar and not particularly valuable.
Thanks for the reply! Apologies for the pic size. Been ages since I actually posted in a forum as opposed to Facebook and forgot that forums handle images differently. I'll see if I can link bigger images.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Tags
classical guitar, mij, yamaha