The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 11-18-2017, 02:10 PM

Amazing guitar from an amazing luthier and person... Always love guitars made from "The Tree" mahogany, and the colors on the rosette and end graft are spectacular.

I didn't play the two lovely guitars Jason had at Woodstock this year other than a few strums. I did play the amazing maple one he brought a few years ago, and it was amazing - sure did change my thoughts on maple as a steel-string guitar wood.
Old 11-18-2017, 03:14 PM
Music soothes the soul!

My, that guitar is breathtaking!!! Back and sides just knock your eyes out. And I just love Jason’s rosettes. Gonna have to ask him how he does that.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:23 AM

I had the opportunity to play this guitar today in Quebec City (http://centredartlachapelle.com/vari...de-quebec.html). I went to the guitar show with fellow AGFer J-F C and we arrived 15 minutes before the end because J-F is such a slow driver.

I was expecting a rather large OM based on photos but it turned out to be elegantly compact in person. It's a very good looking shape IMO. I removed my coat and hoodie and played the OM for what seemed like 25 seconds before the organizers shut down the exhibit. The room was noisy but I liked what I felt and heard.

As expected, the rosette is stunning. I like how Jason kept the same style of rosette (and headstock) on all of his guitars -- and the colour scheme on this one is particularly striking.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:39 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
My, that guitar is breathtaking!!! Back and sides just knock your eyes out. And I just love Jason’s rosettes. Gonna have to ask him how he does that.

Great to meet you at Woodstock!
B&G Crossroads Non Cutaway P90's
B&G Step Sister Cutaway Kikbuckers
www.benmontague.co.uk
www.thenorthamericanguitar.com
Old 11-19-2017, 11:41 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCharter View Post
I had the opportunity to play this guitar today in Quebec City (http://centredartlachapelle.com/vari...de-quebec.html). I went to the guitar show with fellow AGFer J-F C and we arrived 15 minutes before the end because J-F is such a slow driver.

I was expecting a rather large OM based on photos but it turned out to be elegantly compact in person. It's a very good looking shape IMO. I removed my coat and hoodie and played the OM for what seemed like 25 seconds before the organizers shut down the exhibit. The room was noisy but I liked what I felt and heard.

As expected, the rosette is stunning. I like how Jason kept the same style of rosette (and headstock) on all of his guitars -- and the colour scheme on this one is particularly striking.

Thanks Joe we are sad it will not make it to our showroom as pre sold to our client but great to hear how wonderful it is to play! Hope you enjoyed the show. Ben
B&G Crossroads Non Cutaway P90's
B&G Step Sister Cutaway Kikbuckers
www.benmontague.co.uk
www.thenorthamericanguitar.com

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop