The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-21-2017, 02:32 PM

Default XLNT small condenser mic for guitar

Just a shout out for this very small condenser mic which I use on my guitars quite often. Its the AKG C411 PP model. Its feedback resistant, very sensitive to body vibration and comes with a XLR attachment on a long cord. I am amazed at the tone this provides. It matters a lot where it is placed on the guitar face so try various places and even a 1/2" change in location can produce a big change in tone. I place mine right behind the bridge on the treble side of the face. This is the most balanced place for it to be located to me. And this mic is attached to your guitar via a small dab of a putty like compound that is easily removed and does not affect the surface of the guitar. I use it on my Lowden as a second source along with the Element which is installed. The two combined produce studio like tone. The mic retails for $169.00. Its very easy and quick to use and provides better tone that many other efforts at a dual source or even a single source. I use it on my guitars without any pickup for the only sound source and it works great for that too. I have two of these for live use and they have not failed me in ten years.
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson 1942 Banner LG-2 Vintage Sunburst
Gibson SJ-200
Taylor Myrtlewood 12 string
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification