The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-14-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Wow, what an ending to the GB/BUF game. BUF gets a safety with 2 minutes left and then run out the clock to win. Rodgers had 0 TD and 2 INTs.
What a disappointment. If it weren't for the defense, we would have lost by at least another two scores.

2005 Gibson J-45
1985 Guild D17
2012 Fender Am. Std. Stratocaster
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Old 12-14-2014, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Spivey View Post
What a disappointment. If it weren't for the defense, we would have lost by at least another two scores.
Green Bay is a completely different team away from Lambeau. They better hope they get home field.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 12-14-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
Green Bay is a completely different team away from Lambeau. They better hope they get home field.
Interesting stat. The Packers have never won in Buffalo, now 0-6 all time. Regardless, it was still an upset.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:12 PM

Default well I'll be.......

Lions got lucky....back in 1st place. Looking at the December 28th date in Lambeau!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2014, 07:21 PM

To put it in context, Green Bay and the Pats are the top two scoring offenses. Green Bay averages 31.1 PPG and the Pats average 31.6 PPG. The Pats score 36.4 PPG at home and 28.6 PPG on the road for a differential of 7.8 PPG. On the other hand, the Pack score 41.1 PPG at home and just 21.1 PPG on the road which is a, whopping, 20.0 PPG differential. Like I said, unless they get the #1 seed, I don't think the Pack are a threat to reach the Superbowl.
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 12-14-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:
To put it in context, Green Bay and the Pats are the top two scoring offenses. Green Bay averages 31.1 PPG and the Pats average 31.6 PPG. The Pats score 36.4 PPG at home and 28.6 PPG on the road for a differential of 7.8 PPG. On the other hand, the Pack score 41.1 PPG at home and just 21.1 PPG on the road which is a, whopping, 20.0 PPG differential. Like I said, unless they get the #1 seed, I don't think the Pack are a threat to reach the Superbowl.
If you recall 2010 Rob, we played the entire postseason on the road, coming off a 10-6 record.

2005 Gibson J-45
1985 Guild D17
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Old 12-14-2014, 07:50 PM
Charter Member

Having lived in Western NY for the better part of 10 years I was definitely glad to have caught some of the Bills victory.

In the NFC East, which is all that really matter tonight's game is huge. Two 9-4 teams and whoever loses is most likely out of the playoffs even if they finish 10-6. Despite my locale the Schmeagles will be who I'm pulling for, but I am not particularly confident even though they dominated the Cowgirls on T'day. The only team with a winning record Philly has beaten is Dallas (please tell me why the talking heads don't mention this) but Romo was not in good shape and their defense just wasn't ready to play when the game started ( 2 TDs in first 2 drives). Philly has certainly had their share of injuries, now with Sanchez at QB, so it is understandable to an extent. Here's hoping the Schmeagles defense has a great game.

Oh and all you NE fans really should wake-up, they are certainly having a good season but they really don't have the horses (other than the main horse) to really scare some of the other teams in the hunt.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john57classic View Post
Having lived in Western NY for the better part of 10 years I was definitely glad to have caught some of the Bills victory.

In the NFC East, which is all that really matter tonight's game is huge. Two 9-4 teams and whoever loses is most likely out of the playoffs even if they finish 10-6. Despite my locale the Schmeagles will be who I'm pulling for, but I am not particularly confident even though they dominated the Cowgirls on T'day. The only team with a winning record Philly has beaten is Dallas (please tell me why the talking heads don't mention this) but Romo was not in good shape and their defense just wasn't ready to play when the game started ( 2 TDs in first 2 drives). Philly has certainly had their share of injuries, now with Sanchez at QB, so it is understandable to an extent. Here's hoping the Schmeagles defense has a great game.

Oh and all you NE fans really should wake-up, they are certainly having a good season but they really don't have the horses (other than the main horse) to really scare some of the other teams in the hunt.
As a New England fan, anything can happen in the playoffs, but this is the most confident I've been about a Pats a team in a very long time. Even slightly more confident than the 2007 season. Their defense is good and getting better like the teams in the early in 2000's and their offense is a chameleon. As long as Gronk is healthy in the playoffs (which, by the way, he has never been healthy for the entire playoff run), I feel extremely good about the Pats. What have you seen that hasn't scared other teams? We beat Cincy, Denver, Indy (at Indy) and Detroit easily and made it a close game in Lambeau. We also have the best strength of victory of all the current playoff teams. I don't know why you think we don't have the horses.
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s

Last edited by robj144; 12-15-2014 at 12:00 AM.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Spivey View Post
If you recall 2010 Rob, we played the entire postseason on the road, coming off a 10-6 record.
With a MUCH better defense that year. Defense travels better than offense. We'll see what happens though. Do you think you can go to Seattle and beat Seattle?
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 12-14-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
With a MUCH better defense that year. Defense travels better than offense. We'll see what happens though. Do you think you can go to Seattle and beat Seattle?
We have a good enough team to beat Seattle. We have a bad history playing there.

2005 Gibson J-45
1985 Guild D17
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Old 12-15-2014, 05:28 AM

Quote:
As a New England fan, anything can happen in the playoffs, but this is the most confident I've been about a Pats a team in a very long time. Even slightly more confident than the 2007 season. Their defense is good and getting better like the teams in the early in 2000's and their offense is a chameleon. As long as Gronk is healthy in the playoffs (which, by the way, he has never been healthy for the entire playoff run), I feel extremely good about the Pats. What have you seen that hasn't scared other teams? We beat Cincy, Denver, Indy (at Indy) and Detroit easily and made it a close game in Lambeau. We also have the best strength of victory of all the current playoff teams. I don't know why you think we don't have the horses.
I love to hate the Pats, but if I was any other team, I would be a little (or a lot !) concerned. I admit , they are scary; I like Denver , but I'd sure bet agaisnt them , playing the Pats . Looks like maybe a NE/SEA SB . Go Seahawks (rather see GB, but SEA prob has a better chance vs NE .
Old 12-15-2014, 07:11 AM

Quote:
I agree, this is the most solid and balanced Pats team in quite a while. There are a couple of weaknesses, mainly revolving around the lack of a decent pass rush. Otherwise there is much to like here. Anyone who doesn't think they're a threat is either trolling or from a place like Dallas or Upstate NY where playoff football victories are mythical things.

Last season they went 12-4 and you'd be hard pressed to find a Pats fan who believed they were anywhere near that good, and as it turned out, they were not. This year is different. I did cringe late in the 2nd half when Gronk took that low hit. It's essential that he stay healthy the rest of the way.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Lions got lucky....back in 1st place. Looking at the December 28th date in Lambeau!!!!!!!!!!
That should be a great game. Get this, Detroit is 0-23 in Green Bay since 1992. Ouch!!!
Old 12-15-2014, 11:10 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Don't get me wrong NE is certainly a good team and appears to be peaking at the right time. With home field advantage they might very well be the favorite in the AFC. But to me, during the Belichick era, the difference b/w their teams that dominated the regular season and won Super Bowls and those that didn't is that the latter lacked marquis players at key Off/Def skill positions. I see the current team as closer to this category hence my "lack of horses" comment.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john57classic View Post
Don't get me wrong NE is certainly a good team and appears to be peaking at the right time. With home field advantage they might very well be the favorite in the AFC. But to me, during the Belichick era, the difference b/w their teams that dominated the regular season and won Super Bowls and those that didn't is that the latter lacked marquis players at key Off/Def skill positions. I see the current team as closer to this category hence my "lack of horses" comment.
What marquis players did we have we won Super Bowls?
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s