The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-16-2014, 06:39 PM

Well, they are finally inducting SRV (and his band Double Trouble) and Lou Reed, as well as Ringo Starr (the only Beatle whose solo career was snubbed) and the underrated Bill Withers. But Sting is in only by virtue of having been in the Police.

Green Day?? REALLY??! I don’t recall hearing them on the radio till at least the early ’90s, after Nirvana & Pearl Jam already had a hit or two. Wonder what deal was struck with Wenner & Rolling Stone?

Speaking of Rolling Stone, anybody read their lists of the 40 best singles and albums of 2014? Conspicuous by their absence were Jack White, Hozier and Tune-Yards. IMHO, “Take Me To Church” was one of the five best songs of 2014! (And “Water Fountain” is an earworm extraordinaire--something I can’t say for most of the rap crap they chose).

http://www.sandyandina.com

-------------------------
Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

I cried because I had no shoes.....but then I realized I won’t get blisters.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic