The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-17-2014, 12:55 PM

Green coffee beans and different roasting methods and brewing processes is a complex but fun and tasty hobby, or obsession. If adventurious step in the rabbit hole of online green coffee suppliers and discover what a great cup of coffee tastes like.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wascal View Post
Green coffee beans and different roasting methods and brewing processes is a complex but fun and tasty hobby, or obsession. If adventurious step in the rabbit hole of online green coffee suppliers and discover what a great cup of coffee tastes like.
Sweet Maria’s ROCKS! And for a couple of bucks you can go to the Goodwill or Sally Ann for a hot-air corn popper (West Bend Poppery II works best). You can roast up to 1/4 lb. at a time in one. You can also use a wok and a whisk over an outdoor grill; or mate the bottom of a Stir-Crazy popper to the lid of a turbo-convection oven (another thrift-shop or Craigslist “kludge”) that actually allows you to control the temperature and roast up to a pound at a time--but do it outdoors or in the garage because of the smoke.

I eventually bought a Behmor 1600--the shell and heating elements of a toaster oven tricked out with a rotisserie mechanism mated to wire-mesh baskets that rotate. Has several “profiles” and “programs” plus a timer--but you can’t set the actual temperature. Cost me $300 new five years ago, but with the newer models that have temp controls, you can probably score one of the originals for under a Benjamin on Craigslist. You can roast up to a pound per batch, and there’s less smoke than with other methods.

http://www.sandyandina.com

-------------------------
Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

I cried because I had no shoes.....but then I realized I won’t get blisters.

Last edited by Chicago Sandy; 12-17-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:36 PM
Guest 213

FYI

Keurig recalls over 6.6M coffee makers due to burn risk
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...kers/20801483/

Affects model K10 machines sold from December 2009 through December 2014
Old 12-23-2014, 02:09 PM

Did Keurig make the McDonalds coffee-makers?
Old 12-23-2014, 02:16 PM
Guest 213

Quote:
Originally Posted by SongwriterFan View Post
Did Keurig make the McDonalds coffee-makers?
Who knew I wasn't supposed to use my K10 as a backup water heater! Oh well, I will now be a rich man
Old 12-24-2014, 12:43 AM

I use the Keurig Platinum at home. (Had a Breville that died after 4 yrs). I haven’t used my K10 (Mini) in years, since I began traveling with first a Nespresso Pixie and then a Handpresso Wild, electric kettle and espresso pods.

http://www.sandyandina.com

-------------------------
Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

I cried because I had no shoes.....but then I realized I won’t get blisters.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic