Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 05:49 PM

Default 1966...Terry Sawchuck

Scarface has nothing on Terry!
Old 10-09-2014, 08:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
Got four seats for the season opener near the Sabres bench - can't wait until Thursday !

Unbelievably good seats. 4 rows behind the Columbus coach (wrong bench tho) with no one directly in front. Ridiculously good seats.

They lost, but they were giving out the coolest "guitar polishing cloths" there is

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 10-10-2014, 10:46 AM

Nice cloth and sounds like incredible seats.

It was so nice to see the Pens jump out of the blocks with a nice win over the Ducks. It was especially exciting to see Pascal Dupuis return and have a 4 point night! . It has been a long rehab since he tore up his knee last December. We could have really used him in the playoffs last year. It was also nice to see Hornqvist and Comeau (2 new faces) contribute in their first game as a Penguin. Sometime change is good. Next up......Toronto on Saturday. This is fun. Nothing better than hockey!!!
Old 10-10-2014, 11:36 AM

Pens looked good and earned the win. Crosby with 2 goals and an assist, and Dupuis and Maata clearly have recovered from their respective injuries. HC Mike Johnston's new system had the Pens flying and the Ducks on their heels all night.

Of course Fleury was his usual inconsistent self; making great plays in net and taking a bone-headed skate out of the crease and coughing up his attempted pass to give the Ducks a "nobody is minding the store" goal. That guy needs a shock collar and an invisible fence around his crease.

On to Toronto and the Leafs...

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-10-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Of course Fleury was his usual inconsistent self; making great plays in net and taking a bone-headed skate out of the crease and coughing up his attempted pass to give the Ducks a "nobody is minding the store" goal. That guy needs a shock collar and an invisible fence around his crease.
I was going to mention that "bonehead" play. I loved your shock collar idea.....that may be necessary! Trapezoid....shmapezoid...we better not see a softie like that one for the rest of the year!!
Old 10-11-2014, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Unbelievably good seats. 4 rows behind the Columbus coach (wrong bench tho) with no one directly in front. Ridiculously good seats.

They lost, but they were giving out the coolest "guitar polishing cloths" there is

Fazool, that is so cool! I have a couple of those (very similar) from a Blue Jackets game I went to 10 years ago, back when I lived in Columbus.

It's such a great atmosphere attending an NHL game. What's the mood like now that Miller is gone and the lack of success over the past couple of seasons? Is there hope?

Quote:
Pens looked good and earned the win. Crosby with 2 goals and an assist, and Dupuis and Maata clearly have recovered from their respective injuries. HC Mike Johnston's new system had the Pens flying and the Ducks on their heels all night.

On to Toronto and the Leafs...
Crosby with 3 points, great game. Pens-Maple Leafs is the Hockey Night in Canada game tonight!!! Come on over Cat and I'll make some liver and onions as an appetizer.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Crosby with 3 points, great game. Pens-Maple Leafs is the Hockey Night in Canada game tonight!!! Come on over Cat and I'll make some liver and onions as an appetizer.
Wow Dru that sounds great! Would love to watch a game with ya! Now about those appetizers....how 'bout some poutine instead?

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-11-2014, 06:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
...What's the mood like now that Miller is gone and the lack of success over the past couple of seasons? Is there hope?

Its pretty positive. Everyone does like Enron. With Pagula buying the Bills (and the Sabres and the Bandits and the Merks) its a whole new vibe. We've just started getting from panic-->calm before we can get from calm-->hopeful.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 10-11-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Wow Dru that sounds great! Would love to watch a game with ya! Now about those appetizers....how 'bout some poutine instead?
LOL, you're right, I need some work on the appetizers. Sounds like some great East Coast Canadian gems are on the menu.

Quote:
Its pretty positive. Everyone does like Enron. With Pagula buying the Bills (and the Sabres and the Bandits and the Merks) its a whole new vibe. We've just started getting from panic-->calm before we can get from calm-->hopeful.
It's great that there's a sense of hope. New ownership can do it. It's a tough division to break though and make the playoffs though.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:22 AM

Let's go Blackhawks! That's all.
franchelB: TGF member #57!
Old 10-11-2014, 08:37 PM

Hockey Night In Canada did not disappoint (although Dru did over caramelise the onions just a tad )!!! Pens dominated the Leafs in a 5-2 win with Crosby leading the way with 3 points. Leaf fans obviously not pleased were throwing sweaters on the ice toward the end of the game. Seemed like a hockey metaphor of some sort although I'm not sure of the significance myself.

Highlight of the night off of the ice was Don Cherry's rant against the Leafs for not drafting Canadian players and his appropriately themed, sartorially spectacular Canada jacket and tie. Coach's Corner, the only 5 minutes in hockey that's more contentious and pugilistic than a major penalty.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-12-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Hockey Night In Canada did not disappoint (although Dru did over caramelise the onions just a tad )!!! Pens dominated the Leafs in a 5-2 win with Crosby leading the way with 3 points. Leaf fans obviously not pleased were throwing sweaters on the ice toward the end of the game. Seemed like a hockey metaphor of some sort although I'm not sure of the significance myself.

Highlight of the night off of the ice was Don Cherry's rant against the Leafs for not drafting Canadian players and his appropriately themed, sartorially spectacular Canada jacket and tie. Coach's Corner, the only 5 minutes in hockey that's more contentious and pugilistic than a major penalty.
Hey Cat, I only saw some of the first period but I did watch all of Coach's Corner. Cherry let the Maple Leaf management know his thoughts. Sorry about the onions but had to do as much as possible to kill the taste of the liver, lol.

Bruins were shutout last night. They're having trouble scoring goals.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:11 PM

What's up with Milan Lucic from Boston? He got fined $5k for an obscene gesture he made in Montreal last night. Those Canadiens are still under his skin from last season's playoffs. I think he's a great player but come on.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
What's up with Milan Lucic from Boston? He got fined $5k for an obscene gesture he made in Montreal last night. Those Canadiens are still under his skin from last season's playoffs. I think he's a great player but come on.

Good thing he didn't say it in French...........they'd fine him $10,000!
Old 10-17-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Good thing he didn't say it in French...........they'd fine him $10,000!
LOL, the police would have investigated too.

Your Red Wings are playing the Maple Leafs tonight. Go Red Wings!
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic