The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 12-10-2014, 05:18 AM

Default Thanks!

Just wanted to thank y'all for taking the time to share your collective wisdom. Much appreciated.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartDay View Post
Haha well i certainly, in no way, want to be provocative. And I definitely didn't mean to sound so authoritative in my post. Its really just my opinion based on my personal experience that you dont need either/or. you can have a beautiful, responsive acoustic archtop AND be able to play it on stage amplified without feedback issues.
At first I thought you were saying that a guitar could be optimum for both acoustic and electric tone, which is contrary to my experience. My best acoustic guitars are not my best electrics. And the best compromises are neither the best acoustic or electric.

But now I understand your point to be that to make the best electric archtop you need to first understand how to make the best acoustic. If so, I totally agree. Well at least as much as is possible in a complex world where absolute conclusions are usually wrong!

Play on! (And make on!)

Circle 'Round the Sun
Old 12-13-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archtop Guy View Post
that to make the best electric archtop you need to first understand how to make the best acoustic.

Play on! (And make on!)
yes, thats what I was trying to get at more or less.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:48 PM

Hands down one of the most informative threads on AGF for me to date. Thank you so much for your collective wisdom.

Now I want one!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops