The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-08-2015, 04:26 PM
AGF Sponsor

It was our good fortune to have Joel right across the aisle from our table.
Not only is he an amazing builder, but a truly great guy. When his table wasn't too busy we got to visit, which made the show--for me at least--a lot more fun.
I appreciate Joel coming such a L O N G way to display, and look forward to his future work. This Texas cowboy wishes that Canadian cowboy happy trails.

Steve

Crafted in the Piney Woods
Old 06-08-2015, 06:41 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hey, Marcus- I'm sure you have already heard from dozens of people, but I have to pitch in my two cents too.
Your Lucky Tree is ASTOUNDINGLY BEAUTIFUL, and it sounds LEGENDARY.
Holy smokes, Dude, you are in for the treat of a lifetime.
ALL of Joel's guitars are way above and beyond the mere "exceptionally fine". You have to create a whole new category to place a guitar like this into. No superlatives I can conjure up are adequate to describe.

I want one bad! But I am in no way worthy! I came away from this show determined to do everything I can to take my game up to a new level... When I see instruments of this caliber, all I want to do is re-dedicate myself to the pursuit of that bright beacon that lights the long road to true, world-class excellence.
You are a very fortunate man, Marcus. And you ARE eminently worthy. I think you and the Michaud Made Lucky Tree are going to be VERY happy together! Congratulations, Brother!

By the way, Joel is as good a human being as the Lucky Tree is a good guitar. None better!
Old 06-08-2015, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondave View Post
VERY impressive works... Hope to see in person one day and get a chance to play... wow....
Dave, I hope that you too will one day have that opportunity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kinnaird View Post
It was our good fortune to have Joel right across the aisle from our table.
Not only is he an amazing builder, but a truly great guy. When his table wasn't too busy we got to visit, which made the show--for me at least--a lot more fun.
I appreciate Joel coming such a L O N G way to display, and look forward to his future work. This Texas cowboy wishes that Canadian cowboy happy trails.

Steve
Thank you Steve for your well wishes! Joel truly is a great person and I am honoured to have had the privilege of working so closely with him on my build. I am glad to hear that you've had an enjoyable Memphis experience and I would have loved to play some of the beauties you had on display.

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-08-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
Hey, Marcus- I'm sure you have already heard from dozens of people, but I have to pitch in my two cents too.
Your Lucky Tree is ASTOUNDINGLY BEAUTIFUL, and it sounds LEGENDARY.
Holy smokes, Dude, you are in for the treat of a lifetime.
ALL of Joel's guitars are way above and beyond the mere "exceptionally fine". You have to create a whole new category to place a guitar like this into. No superlatives I can conjure up are adequate to describe.

I want one bad! But I am in no way worthy! I came away from this show determined to do everything I can to take my game up to a new level... When I see instruments of this caliber, all I want to do is re-dedicate myself to the pursuit of that bright beacon that lights the long road to true, world-class excellence.
You are a very fortunate man, Marcus. And you ARE eminently worthy. I think you and the Michaud Made Lucky Tree are going to be VERY happy together! Congratulations, Brother!

By the way, Joel is as good a human being as the Lucky Tree is a good guitar. None better!
Hey Steve, I was wondering when you were going to chime in I am so glad that you had the opportunity to reunite with Joel at Memphis haha

Thank you so much for the glowing review. I have heard such amazing reviews (including yours) that it almost feels surreal that it is actually MINE! and you're wrong! Because even I am not worthy of such a grand instrument! I am really too fortunate to have Joel build me an instrument beyond my wildest dreams and I cannot wait to grow old with it!

I am glad that you have come out of this festival inspired but I am pretty sure you have inspired several others with the builds you had brought to the show. I for one am astounded by the beauty of them and can only fathom how astonishing they are in person!!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-08-2015, 07:39 PM

I just found out that Michael Chapdelaine posted this! What an amazing testament to Joel's instruments.

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-08-2015, 08:31 PM
Charter Member

Really wish you hadn't posted this.

Now the wait time on a build will be even longer than he told me today....
Old 06-08-2015, 08:58 PM

Marcus, I too played your guitar and it was awesome, both in beauty and tone. Really special.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldozer27 View Post
Really wish you hadn't posted this.

Now the wait time on a build will be even longer than he told me today....
Haha! I apologise... Wow you are going to be a proud owner of a Michaud too?? Any friend of Joel's is a friend of mine an early welcome to the Michaud club how long is the wait currently??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aculadd View Post
Marcus, I too played your guitar and it was awesome, both in beauty and tone. Really special.
Thank you! I am glad you liked it wish I could play it myself! Been hearing so many great things about it but haven't had the chance to touch or even smell it! D:

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-08-2015, 09:11 PM

I've just heard there is a nationwide shipping strike going on affecting the USPS, FedEx, and UPS. It is expected to last for several months with no end is site.....what can I say Marcus, at least the guitar got played by a bunch of people that didn't have to pay anything....hopefully you'll have it in a few months...
Old 06-08-2015, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
I've just heard there is a nationwide shipping strike going on affecting the USPS, FedEx, and UPS. It is expected to last for several months with no end is site.....what can I say Marcus, at least the guitar got played by a bunch of people that didn't have to pay anything....hopefully you'll have it in a few months...
Hahaha!! Is this in retort to the Ameritage scare I sent you over e-mail? If so, we are even now

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-08-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
Hahaha!! Is this in retort to the Ameritage scare I sent you over e-mail? If so, we are even now
Maybe, possibly, probably....

I can't believe how excited you have got to be especially after that endorsement by only the national fingerstyle and classical style champion...I guess if he has to win the lottery for a Michaud, I am out of the loop!!!

I want you to get this guitar I think as much as you do!!!
Old 06-08-2015, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Maybe, possibly, probably....

I can't believe how excited you have got to be especially after that endorsement by only the national fingerstyle and classical style champion...I guess if he has to win the lottery for a Michaud, I am out of the loop!!!

I want you to get this guitar I think as much as you do!!!

I know!!! Michael Chapdelaine is one heck of an impressive guitarist whom I don't even aspire to be like because....frankly it's not possible.

Well...a base price Michaud (which is just as impressive as an upgraded one) starts at 4,500USD (am I allowed to post prices??)....for now...!

Thanks for sharing in my excitement Tom.

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-09-2015, 04:31 AM

Default Michaud Made - Memphis Bound

I'm really happy I took the chance and set up my build a few months ago. Hearing all these glowing reviews makes me both excited and impatient for mine to arrive.
I'm surprised shipping is that quick to you.i hope when it comes you won't be a stranger here! I still need your advice on my build!
Old 06-09-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan688 View Post
I'm really happy I took the chance and set up my build a few months ago. Hearing all these glowing reviews makes me both excited and impatient for mine to arrive.
I'm surprised shipping is that quick to you.i hope when it comes you won't be a stranger here! I still need your advice on my build!
Especially since his waiting list has grown to be quite painful You are going to enjoy every single waking moment of working with Joel. Except maybe for those moments when he gives you a scare

My previous Michaud shipped to me in 3 days which surprised both of us since it takes about 4 even to the States! So this wait so far has been quite disappointing and don't you worry. You're part of the Michaud family and I'll treat you like one though my advice to you would be to trust Joel, he is a lot more capable than he lets go!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-09-2015, 10:12 PM

My friend Rich and I had the god fortune to play boh of the spruce-topped Michauds and they were very articulate and appealing. Joel seemed like a very generous soul and I was sorry not to have a chance to tell him afterwards how much we enjoyed his guitars.

Congrats to you Marcus on acquiring such a fine instrument.

hans
2000 Froggy Bottom H12c (adir/ind RW)
2016 Froggy Bottom K mod (adir/madrose; my son's)
2010 Voyage-Air VAOM-2C

http://www.soundclick.com/hanstunes (recorded on Froggy H12c)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Tags
memphis guitar festival, michaud made