The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-24-2016, 10:13 AM

Default Pedalboard Gut Check

Hey guys,
Just getting back into playing live after some years removed, and have booked up some nice acoustic gigs, just myself and a percussionist/drummer. I'm running a couple of Taylors each with the ES-2 in it.

As far as my board, I'm running some basic effects and a looper, mostly to cover some leads. Just wanted some feedback on how I have things set to see if others had better suggestions. The chain is as follows:

Guitar >
Boss TU-2 >
LR Baggs Para Acoustic DI
- Effects Loop: CAE/MXR Boost/Line Driver > Boss AW-3 > Boss OC-3 > Boss DD-7 > Boss RC-20XL
XLR Direct Out from PADI to PA

Does this look pretty reasonable, or should I be shifting some things around?

Thanks!
Old 05-24-2016, 10:39 AM
Charter Member

http://www.bossus.com/community/boss_users_group/1322

000-15 / GC7 / GA3-12 / SB2-C / SB2-Cp / AVC-11MHx / AC-240
Old 05-27-2016, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaysideRickNJ View Post
Hey guys,
Just getting back into playing live after some years removed, and have booked up some nice acoustic gigs, just myself and a percussionist/drummer. I'm running a couple of Taylors each with the ES-2 in it.

As far as my board, I'm running some basic effects and a looper, mostly to cover some leads. Just wanted some feedback on how I have things set to see if others had better suggestions. The chain is as follows:

Guitar >
Boss TU-2 >
- Effects Loop: CAE/MXR Boost/Line Driver > Boss AW-3 > Boss OC-3 > Boss DD-7 > Boss RC-20XL

Thanks!
I think every guitar player has his or her own "perfect" sound they are trying to achieve and sometimes until you start giging again, you won't find yours. I too play in an acoustic group, mostly a duo, but sometimes we add a percussionist. I am using the ES2 pickup into a fishman mini that is then lined out to the PA. Here is my pedalboard config.

BOSS Tuner
Keeley Compressor
TC Hall of Fame reverb
TC Bodyrez ( great for the new ES2)
Keeley clean boost
EH B9 Organ
Boss RC3 looping station with pedals.

Last edited by nhbiker1961; 05-27-2016 at 04:11 AM.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaysideRickNJ View Post
Hey guys,

Guitar >
Boss TU-2 >

Thanks!
There are no "rules" as to how you order your pedals ... but there are prefered setups depending on the sound/effect you like.

In my experience the ones that can be ordered in various ways are the boost/compressor/overdrive/wah pedals. In your setup ...

> CAE/MXR Boost/Line Driver > Boss AW-3 > Boss OC-3 >

You should play around with the order of those three because this will give you all sorts of wonderful variations. Personally, I prefer the overdrive nearer the guitar signal to allow more of my playing dynamics to affect the drive ... and in that vein I put a compressor after. But others prefer it the other way. Send a boosted signal to the overdrive or wah, or boost the overdriven signal ... Send a wah'd signal into OD or wah the OD'd signal ... loads of variations ... each sounding and playing differently. I'd say no order is right ... so have a play around!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification