The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-14-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerDuck View Post
I had both and I prefer the Para DI. The tuner on the venue doesn't work good. I use a Boss tu-3 waza for a tuner that's 1000% better. The Para is more compact and takes up less space, and, for me, has better controls. Plus, has lotza volume for weak pickups.
After I had the K&K mini pickups installed in my Martin HD-28V I bought the Para DI and loved it. When they came out with the Venue DI with the built in tuner I jumped on it. Almost immediately I realized I preferred the Para DI. Maybe it's just my ears but I liked the sound I got out of the Para DI better. The main reason I don't switch back is because I've come to like the boost switch.
But as this person says, go with the Para DI and add a Boss pedal tuner.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:08 PM

I use Lyric’s in my guitars and the Para DI sounded horrible! I had heard the Lyric and the Venue were a match made in Heaven, and it was! Really brings out the natural “mic” sound of the Lyric. My guitar sounds incredibly similar acoustic or plugged in which is JUST what I want! The tuner sucks'

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification