The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 10:31 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Arrow SOLD: Santa Cruz Cutaway OM/PW (pre-war) Carpathian/EIR *New Pics, NEW lower price*

Santa Cruz Cutaway OM/PW (pre-war) Carpathian/EIR **priced to sell**

Just when it couldn't get crazier, it does...NOW SOLD

I got this guitar in trade and although I like the guitar, I don't have room for it in my line-up. These "prewar" SC's are pretty cool with great woods and more of a vintage tone.

I'll let Richard Hoover tell you about them...

from the SC website:
"The Pre-War Orchestra Model honors its pre-WWII predecessors with an advanced X and scalloped top bracing. This time-tested design ensures large bass response and overall volume. Acoustic Guitar Magazine has placed it as one of the most important instruments of the last 20 years. The OM/PW is presented with understated appointments to emphasize master grade materials, tone and workmanship. It is perfect for the aficionado that loves the advantages of a professional boutique instrument without the cost of rare wood and ornamentation. The OM’s versatility and ergonomics lend great appeal for traditional picking styles and impressive rhythm work. Expect the predominant bass and throaty presence of the surviving pre-war antiques."

Additionally, Santa Cruz guitars are built with a commitment...here's what they say, again from their website:

"Hand voiced and tuned for a sophistication of sound that you won’t outgrow. Santa Cruz Guitars are built in strict climate control for stability and crafted with the experience of professional repair technicians for easy maintenance and to ensure the success of future restoration.

Downed trees, sunken logs, old tenements, building beams, master carpenter inventories… We find the most resonant, best sounding wood possible by responsible means. Tonal qualities improve with age due to the resins that crystallize once wood is removed from a living tree. We use this secret to enable our new guitars to possess a legitimate vintage sound from the start.

Most modern guitars are assembled from pre-shaped parts which possess random frequencies that can cancel out overtones and limit sustain. No wonder you have to search for “the good one.” We are employing the techniques of master violin luthiers to voice and tune by hand manipulating the dimensions of the top and bracing. This creates consistent harmony, sustain and sophistication of complex tone on every instrument we build.

Nitro-cellulose is the best finish for steel stringed instruments, period, which is why we spend the extra time and effort over cost efficient factory finishes. Cellulose IS wood, and by using it as the solids for our lacquer we are putting a thin coat of wood on wood, enhancing resonance and ensuring restoration quality repairs. Modern factory finishes are like glass: nice looking, but if broken, your instrument is aesthetically compromised. If your guitar cannot be repaired; it is disposable. Nitro-Cellulose lacquer insures heirloom quality and superior sound."

This guitar is in great condition. It has minimal fret wear and the setup is very good. Because the finish is very light, it has some finish sinking into the pores of the wood...not at all uncommon, and worth noting. I can't find a ding on it...not saying that someone couldn't, just that I haven't.

Specs:

Wood Type: Indian Rosewood
Top Wood Type : Carpathain Spruce
Rosette: Violin Purfle Combo
Purfling: Single Violin Purfling
Bracing/Voicing: Advanced X/Scalloped
Overlay Material: Indian Rosewood
Headstock Inlay: SCGC Mother of Pearl
Width at Nut: 1-3/4″
Fingerboard: White MOP dots
Inlay: 2mm dots
Width at 14th Fret: 2-3/16
Scale Length: 25.375
Neck Clear/Matte
Pickguard: None
Tuners/gears: Waverly (Santa Cruz logo'd) Nickel open-back
Original Hard shell case

This one has a cutaway for even more versatility. These are typically priced on Ebay used for SOLD and up without a cutaway.

Priced to sell at SOLD plus Paypal and shipping. Trade value SOLD--- Looking for an ALL CASH deal or will consider a partial trade with a large cash component. ....in other words, I'm discouraging trades but willing to consider them at more of a "market" based value.

Here's a look at this beauty...in the yard "Autumn colors" pics (see the table pics in a later post):

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!

Last edited by invguy921; 10-24-2017 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:56 AM
Charter Member

Even though I have my OM/PW up for sale I don't mind bumping the competition. Great guitar at a really good price. Someone should grab this fast. Best with the sale....Robert
Flammang SEL
SCGC 00-12 EIR/Sitka
SCGC OM Mahogany/Moon
Old 10-21-2017, 02:33 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
Even though I have my OM/PW up for sale I don't mind bumping the competition. Great guitar at a really good price. Someone should grab this fast. Best with the sale....Robert
Well Roberts, thank you!! Yes, you of all people know what a GREAT deal this is.

Someone will get a great guitar for the money.

Correction: I was told by a kind fellow AGF'er that I had some confusion on the woods as I had listed Adi in one place and Sitka in another ha!! ...it is Carpathian Spruce...a close relative of Adi.

Sorry folks...just a dumb "in a hurry" booboo

Last edited by invguy921; 10-21-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:41 PM

OM cutaway, just my cup of tea! What's the year and serial of this beauty?
Old 10-21-2017, 11:14 PM
Charter Member

Beauty. What is the saddle string spacing?
Old 10-22-2017, 12:11 AM

SCGC OM/PW one of the hidden gems in Hoover’s lineup.
My first SCGC was just this model.
What are you waiting for?
1980 Nakade classical, Spruce/EIR
and... a bunch of ukulele
Old 10-22-2017, 07:22 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedeng88 View Post
OM cutaway, just my cup of tea! What's the year and serial of this beauty?
Rye, Thanks for asking! This guitar was built in 2006, S/N 3260.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippy5 View Post
Beauty. What is the saddle string spacing?
Thank you. The saddle spacing is 2 3/16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palolowarrior View Post
SCGC OM/PW one of the hidden gems in Hoover’s lineup.
My first SCGC was just this model.
What are you waiting for?
Thanks Alan! Everyone knows what great guitars Richard Hoover and Santa Cruz makes. To think you can get a guitar like this for the price of a used Taylor...oh my....

If anyone wants this one and wants to make an offer, please speak up. I will listen to offers. This guitar is priced WAY below others for sale, and yet I want/need some cash flow so I'll listen to reasonable all cash deals!

Old 10-22-2017, 01:24 PM
Charter Member

That is a beauty and offered at a great price.

If I didn't already have a killer OM this one would already be in a box.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:27 PM
Charter Member

A great guitar at a great price. GLWS
Old 10-24-2017, 10:45 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Default Fall pics

After a few people asking me why I didn’t take pics of this one on the “famous table”, I decided to take a few shown below. Actually the leaves were so lovely around my house, I thought the yard "fall" pictures were a good “break” in my original post. Now, you can choose...”Autumn colors” in the first post, “famous table” here ha!!

Old 10-24-2017, 10:51 AM

Yes, GLWS! This is a fine guitar for an unbelievable price. The quality of SC guitars is amazing and you won't be disappointed.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:11 AM
Charter Member

Default trade

What are you looking for as a trade or partial trade?
Old 10-24-2017, 12:32 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupuna50 View Post
What are you looking for as a trade or partial trade?
Thanks for asking! Truth is, not really "looking" for anything. I probably would simply re-sell it anyway. It just seems that everyone wants to trade something and so I added that as an accommodation. So, I welcome ideas of trades from anyone.

Old 10-24-2017, 02:36 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

SOLD!! Someone got a great deal!!

Congrats to the new owner, condolences to those who were sitting on the fence...and YOU know who you are

Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars