The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 02-01-2024, 04:49 PM

Thank you. I’ll be posting up in the next few weeks a little tutorial on what I do with my feet. Like you, we felt the need for something more than just guitar and vocal. It does take some work to get the ole brain to play guitar and percussion at the same time. Well with the effort. I never think about it any more. It just happens. I guess the journey would be similar to singing and playing guitar.

come to one of our shows just east of Atlanta!
http://mikeandkayte.com
Old 02-03-2024, 11:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike o View Post
Thank you. I’ll be posting up in the next few weeks a little tutorial on what I do with my feet. Like you, we felt the need for something more than just guitar and vocal. It does take some work to get the ole brain to play guitar and percussion at the same time. Well with the effort. I never think about it any more. It just happens. I guess the journey would be similar to singing and playing guitar.

Thanks. I’ve been trying to loop some basic beats to add to the songs. Practice makes perfect…lol
Old 02-11-2024, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike o View Post
Just so we understand the line up. Three female singers. Do any of them play an instrument? And then just you playing acoustic guitar?
Put one on some sort of percussion. Maybe harmonica as well. Backing tracks in live music have always seemed hookey to me. But then I'm some sort of a purist snob.

Fay OM Sinker Redwood/Tiger Myrtle
Sexauer L00 Adk/Magnolia For Sale
Hatcher Jumbo Bearclaw/"Bacon" Padauk
Goodall Jumbo POC/flamed Mahogany
Appollonio 12 POC/Myrtle
MJ Franks Resonator, all Australian Blackwood
Blackbird "Lucky 13" - carbon fiber
'31 National Duolian
+ many other stringed instruments.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write