The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-30-2015, 03:06 PM
Charter Member

Default Ellipse Aura for acoustic only Shorty?

I intentionally ordered my SGA-FLE Shorty as acoustic only to avoid having a barn door preamp. Now I'm thinking about adding a preamp and undersaddle pickup.

The Aura Ellipse is appealing to me right now due to the no-cut installation. Has anyone tried one of these on a RainSong that can tell me their experiences?

Thanks!

Ken
Emerald Balor 5 string, Taylor GS-Mini Bass, RainSong SGA-FLE, WS1000 Classic N1 and WS3000 N1, Republic Resolian Style 804, Royall Teardrop Tenor Reso
A few electrics, a bunch of basses
Wandering the continent - CA > IL > NH > TX (for good, hopefully)
Old 04-30-2015, 09:22 PM

I have zero real experience with them but they sound fantastic on youtube videos featuring wood guitars. There are a lot of different ways to get acoustic tones from your SGA (I ordered mine the same way since there are so many great aftermarket options) but Fishman is obviously a reputable and respected company. I would imagine those killer studio images would sound just fine through a quality preamp just to have the ability to control eq and feedback a little more.

Love your guitar by the way!
Old 05-01-2015, 06:10 AM
Charter Member

Thanks!

I have an email in to Fishman asking about images for the RainSongs, but I think I'll do better to download the utility and see what they have for myself. My concern is that CF guitars are such a different breed from wood that non-specific images may not be of much use.

Ken
Emerald Balor 5 string, Taylor GS-Mini Bass, RainSong SGA-FLE, WS1000 Classic N1 and WS3000 N1, Republic Resolian Style 804, Royall Teardrop Tenor Reso
Old 05-01-2015, 06:24 AM
Charter Member

I just downloaded the Aura application, and sure enough the only RainSong is a DR1000 dread - which I can't imagine would be of much use for either Shorty or my WS3000.

I'm hoping someone will pop in that has used an Aura in a RainSong with comments about the images used.

Ken
Old 05-01-2015, 10:35 AM
AGF Sponsor

I just got confirmation from Fishman that the following RainSong images are available in the Aura software database:

DR1000
JM3000
CO-OM1000N1
BI-WS1000N2

A further comment from Fishman --- Anyone not seeing these may have made a mistake in how they have sorted the library, or perhaps need to update their images in the software (Account=>Download Images).
Old 05-01-2015, 11:29 AM
Charter Member

Thanks, Ashvin - one of those should work for Shorty. I'm not seeing anything other than the RS Dread in the Fishman app as downloaded and installed, but it won't let me update the directory images without an account - and to create an account you must plug into an Aura preamp. I think I'm going to pursue this.

Thanks again!

Ken
Old 05-01-2015, 06:43 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashvin View Post
I just got confirmation from Fishman that the following RainSong images are available in the Aura software database:

DR1000
JM3000
CO-OM1000N1
BI-WS1000N2

A further comment from Fishman --- Anyone not seeing these may have made a mistake in how they have sorted the library, or perhaps need to update their images in the software (Account=>Download Images).
Very good info - thanks, Ashvin!

JR

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber