The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-01-2015, 06:46 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Very nice! Congrats! That's a nice guitar. I like how the soundhole is kind of cut back into the body.

JR
Old 05-02-2015, 01:28 AM

A heads up:
I saw on Facebook that Alistair is in USA now, and is offering an X20 demo guitar for a pretty good price.
and a guitar-shaped-object
Old 05-02-2015, 03:07 PM
Guest 928

I had one of the first Emerald X20 nylon string guitars and it, too, was a marvelous instrument. Alistair Hay is a wonderment.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:49 PM

EvanB? Nylon CF guitars? I think I know this man from another place.
Herrmann Weissenborn
Recording King RP-10
Recording King RG-35-SN Lapsteel
Maton 425 12-string
ESP 400 series telecaster
Eastman T485
Deering Americana Banjo
My Youtube
Old 05-02-2015, 06:11 PM
Guest 928

Holy Moly! They just let anyone here. Good to see you. I've just signed up and find that a number of folks from the Carbon Fiber Forum at MacNichol are here. I was surprised to find so much interest in CF development on what has traditionally been a wooden empire. In cruising through the various threads I am also impressed at the civil nature of this forum. way cool.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:21 PM

I have been active on this forum much longer than over at MacNichol. Of course I saw the Acoustic Guitar Magazine review of the Rainsong Shorty and started doing homework on the instrument. A few google searches and I found my way over to MacNichol. I was a newbie over there but ended up making my purchase through Michael. It is truly a bummer that they are closing shop but I respect Michael's decision (it could not have been an easy one).

This forum seems to have a lot of traditionalists so I'm also very surprised how civil things are here, the traditionalists seem to be allowing CF enthusiasts to have their space here and many are becoming carbon curious- I know that I did and love my guitar and gas for others already....

The CF is tone is not beautiful wood tone but it is alluring in it's own right. It is downright addicting when you consider their impervious nature.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:48 AM
Charter Member

CF is another option, not something being pushed on anyone. The rare lack of civility that does crop up here is met with fact and education. Don't like it? Don't buy it. Curious about the sound and stability? This is a good place to learn more.

Most of us who participate here have wood guitars, too... we understand the reasons for both.

Welcome aboard.

Jim

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber