The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-04-2015, 04:52 PM

Default New Emerald X7 from MacNichols

This morning I ordered the last Emerald X7 OS that MacNichol Guitars had in stock. He is replacing the saddle with a Mother of Pearl, choosing strings, and performing a setup for me. I’m hoping to keep the tone warm.

I couldn't find anyone that carries Emerald in the Seattle area, so am purchasing without trying one. My thanks to all of you that have posted reviews, and YouTube videos. They've really helped. I’ve tried the Rainsong P12, and liked it very well. If I end up loving this guitar, I’ll sell my Taylor GS Mini RW-E.

We winter in Arizona, and I would like to be more relaxed about my guitar there. Even here in Seattle in the winter, the RH in our home stays in the 20's. I'm really looking forward to just being able to grab the guitar off the stand.

I really enjoyed dealing with Michael at MacNichol Guitars. What great folks. I wish them well in their new/modified business.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Guest 928

Congratulations!

I think you just acquired a great guitar at a good price; enjoy.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:20 PM

Good choice...Emerald guitars are 2 thumbs up!
Old 05-04-2015, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
This morning I ordered the last Emerald X7 OS that MacNichol Guitars had in stock. He is replacing the saddle with a Mother of Pearl, choosing strings, and performing a setup for me. I’m hoping to keep the tone warm.

I couldn't find anyone that carries Emerald in the Seattle area, so am purchasing without trying one. My thanks to all of you that have posted reviews, and YouTube videos. They've really helped. I’ve tried the Rainsong P12, and liked it very well. If I end up loving this guitar, I’ll sell my Taylor GS Mini RW-E.

We winter in Arizona, and I would like to be more relaxed about my guitar there. Even here in Seattle in the winter, the RH in our home stays in the 20's. I'm really looking forward to just being able to grab the guitar off the stand.

I really enjoyed dealing with Michael at MacNichol Guitars. What great folks. I wish them well in their new/modified business.
You made the right choices.....dealer with Michael for your purchase and the choice of the X7.....very interesting guitar. Enjoy....

Taylor 424ce SL
Emerald X20 purple weave
Emerald X20 gold weave
Taylor NS34ce
Taylor T5X
Composite Acoustic OX Raw (Peavey)
Rainsong OM
Breedlove Pro C25/CRH
Prestige Eclipse Spruce/Mahogany
Voyage Air VAOM-1C (2)
Baden D style Mahogany
Journey Instruments Spruce/Mahogany
Journey Instruments OF660
Recording King ROA-9 Bakersfield Limited
Mogabi 200
Old 05-05-2015, 07:15 AM

I have that same setup from MacNichols. I've come to like the sound I get out of 80/20 light elixirs on it. I've swapped between the MOP saddle and the stock and the MOP gives the guitar a little more of a "wood" sound. Congrats and enjoy the new guitar.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:54 AM

I trust you will enjoy it! I have the same set up on my recently acquired X7 (the cousin to your guitar) and couldn't be happier with the tone. I went with the medium John Pearse 80/20 strings - they really warm up the tone and make the playing of the short scale more enjoyable.

Please do a review when you get it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Tags
carbon fiber guitar, emerald