The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-02-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBmusic View Post
Yes, I've got a cap on the back. Guitars go in the 'back seat' (king cab) area.
Sometimes (especially in the winter) I wish I had a cap on mine, but having had a cap on my old F-250, I found it to sometimes be a hindrance when plowing snow. (I plow with the Silverado, too.)
But a king cab would be a plus for transporting a couple of guitars at the same time.

I used to help a buddy in MA schlep his gear to and from his Camaro. It was kinda amazing to watch him unpack and repack everything.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post
As I get older, I find that I am increasingly intolerant of eleventy-billion trips to get my PA out of my car/truck. I have two, a small, 50w powered-speaker-on-a-stick that works just dandy for small rooms, and a larger one that's a PITA to load in and out because it's just in so many pieces (rack, 2 speaker cabs, etc.).

While I know I could fix all of issues with live sound by forking out $2K on a Bose system, I'm curious about what kinds of things folks use to haul their gear around. I'm considering picking up a big, portable tool box on wheels to haul my cables/board around.

Does anyone have any kind of essential/cool "hauling gear around" stuff that they recommend?
I use something like this, although mine may be a bit more heavy-duty. I like pneumatic tires, have not found them to bounce etc, just one guy's opinion.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee...800P/100071520
Old 09-02-2015, 09:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBmusic View Post
Yes, I've got a cap on the back. Guitars go in the 'back seat' (king cab) area.
I don't have a cap on mine, but I agree a crew cab truck is great. The back seats flip up out of the way, floor is flat and the doors open almost a full 90 degrees, so getting gear in and out is easy.

Roadies would be nice.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:13 PM

I manage to gig and load all I need in a modern Fiat 500c . I take one guitar ,one amp , one gig bag , mike stand and guitar stand .I recently looked at all my gig gear and spent quite a long time reducing it all down to what I really need to take . The Bose L System is the best for back problems and space issues hands down
Yamaha SLG200S
Yamaha NTX1200R
Taylor GSMiniE Rosewood
Joe Brown Uke
AER Compact 60
Marshall AS50D

Now 100% Acoustic and loving it ! No more GAS
Old 09-03-2015, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51 Relic View Post
I take one guitar ,one amp , one gig bag , mike stand and guitar stand .I recently looked at all my gig gear and spent quite a long time reducing it all down to what I really need to take .
I'm paranoid firmly believe in Murphy's Law. So I've got backup for almost everything. Extra mixer, mics, cables, guitar .... Only backup I've needed in the last few months were extra mic cables when a 50 footer bit it (break in the wires in the middle, evidently) and a 20 footer that broke an end plug.

My music: https://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

2020 Taylor 324ceBE
2017 Taylor 114ce-N
2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73(?) Epiphone 6830E 6 string

72 Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone

Kala baritone ukulele
Seagull 'Merlin'
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e ukulele
antique banjolin
Squire J bass
Old 09-06-2015, 12:14 PM
Charter Member

http://www.amazon.com/Magna-Cart-Per...7881341&sr=1-1

Bought this at Costco. Hauls up to 150 lbs and is collapsible, sturdy and light weight. I bungie the Soloamp onto it because even though the Soloamp bag has wheels, it is poorly engineered in my opinion: It always falls when turning corners, going over bumps etc. MUCH easier to bungie the Soloamp onto this cart!
Old 09-06-2015, 12:24 PM
Charter Member

http://www.amazon.com/Nilton-Magic-F.../dp/B000E4VSVM

This fits into a regular luggage on wheels.

We also pack everything else into the luggage: microphone, 50 ft extension cord, music notebooks, cables, bag full of maracas, green shaving bag full of miscellaneous small tools, strings, connectors, fingernail stuff, batteries etc.

I pull this luggage with one hand, the Costco cart with the Soloamp with the other hand, and guitar on my back. One trip.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:26 PM
Charter Member

The Nilton mic stand is also stored in the Nilton music stand bag

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification