The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 07-17-2017, 01:57 PM

thanks to everyone who has checked out this thread and the video, I hope it offered a glimpse into some of the magic of a handmade guitar! I am currently racing to get the guitar into finish, so no new pictures unfortunately. once the finish is curing, I can breath a little and I will be posting a few more pictures
Old 07-28-2017, 08:06 AM

While the finish cures I make the bridge. I choose Brazilian rosewood for both the look and sound for my bridges.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:44 PM

It's always stressful once the assembly of the guitar begins. Up to this point fixing mistakes is easy but the completed finish makes a minor slip up a major ordeal. Fortunately everything went according to plan and I was able to chisel off the finish for the footprint of the bridge and glue the bridge. A neat aspect of chiseling off the finish is I am able to measure the thickness of the finish. I shoot for between 0.004"-0.006" of finish thickness to prevent the finish from damping the tone of the instrument

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop