The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 09-14-2012, 08:10 AM

Default Tascam DP-004 and DP-008 Questions

I have a Tascam DP-004 Pocketstudio 4-track multitrack recorder that's a pretty nifty little gadget, but there are a few things it can't do, according to its accompanying manuel, namely, importing a stereo wav. file. Instead, I've only been able to import a wav. file back to the DP-004 in mono (which merges the Left and Right audio).

First, is there some type of "workaround" on the Pocketstudio DP-004 that would permit me to import Left and Right wav. files into two separate tracks?

Second, does the slightly upgraded 8-track model, the Tascam DP-008, have the ability to import a wav. file in stereo, e.g., Left channel into Track 1 and Right channel into Track 2?

I have a music pal who occasionally sends me homemade music files (mp3s in stereo), and then I "overdub" and add tracks of bass, acoustic guitar, etc. I'd like to be able to retain his stereo mix and convert them to a wav. file, and import and add my own tracks to his Left and Right mix rather than having all of his imported tracks merged into a mono Center Channel.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:53 AM

DH,

I am looking for an answer to your question by reading through the manual. I didn't want you to think your question was being ignored.

Last edited by SeamusORiley; 12-12-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:12 PM

A little too late maybe, but I have the DP-008 and it does import stereo waves in stereo, to tracks 1 & 2 (the tracks may be changeable, but haven't had need to do it , so not sure).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD