The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-22-2001, 02:08 AM

hi CaptBill

But I enjoy my 510CE so much! Never had a problem with it, ever. It handles every style of playing for me! I do play lots of fingerstyle, intricate playing and soft ballads...in fact I am a classically trained guitarist. I just want to play upbeat strumming as well. Thanks for your ideas, I am now starting to believe that I just have an exceptionally strum-worthy Taylor in my 510CE, and that others while being fine instruments are just not suited to upbeat strumming but more suited to only fingerstyle... I am just disillusioned because after 25 years of playing I never knew this, I thought I could have a "fancy" Taylor that handled ALL my needs- just like my 510CE always did, not thinking maybe guitars are all so different and I just "lucked" into this one. I thought if I had loved this 510CE so much, that another 510(AB)- checked out by Taylor as being in perfect physical health- could be expected to perform in reasonably near the same way.

I heard Takamines are good stage guitars as fr as sounding good amplified, however, the idea of buying, or owning, a Washburn or Takamine ....uh.... doesn't appeal.... I never liked them at all, and considered them to be inferior to Taylor and Martin and other high end guitars....I do need guitars that sound good naturally (unplugged) or I would not have much inspiration to practice....maybe I am a snob, those guitars always seemed real cheap to me....Ovations too, never liked them, tho I certainly see plenty of pros with them.....
Old 07-22-2001, 07:15 AM
Nichols Custom Inlay

Hi Bagelsgirl,
I understand your point about the Takamines and Washburns etc. I guess I have become a bit of a guitar snob in that I will no longer purchase a guitar that is not solid wood and they must be built in the U.S.

Has anyone tried adding a shim under the bridge to raise the action a little for you?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification