The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 04-21-2010, 01:47 PM

Default Cordoba GK review ...

Brown truck deliverd new guitar last night .... First I had a chance to demo a Taylor sitka/Okanval last week and it felt and payed wonderfully but the sound was very muted and not alive unpluged .. so I went ahead and took Gerardo advice and purchased the Cordoba ... WOW what a differance , great sustain and projection , neck is slim and with the 1.9 nut did'nt feel like any classical i've ever held , very easy to fret & play .... guitar came in perfect condition , nice finish , joints , everything just perfect , sounds great plugged in .. Wonderfull !! The action is set at 9/64 low E & 7/64 on high E so its higher than my steel strings ... relief is also a little higher than my steel strings ... is this normal for nylon or are they to be set up just like steel string guitars ? I am impressed , I wasnt sure at this price level I would recieve a guitar so well put together cut & polish :} any advice on setup would be greatly apreciated ...... Davey

_____ Onward & Upward !!

Last edited by OPATRIOT; 04-21-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:09 PM

I am glad you got a winner. Nothing like getting more than you expected for your $. Enjoy!
Old 04-21-2010, 03:45 PM

Opatriot, I am so glad that you like your new Cordoba GK as much as I love mine.
Being a crossover nylon guitar, I would suggest you to set up the action as follows:
8/64 at the low E, and 7/64 at the high E (measured at the 12th fret).
Also, bring the neck relief to almost straight or minimal relief.This is the set up of my Cordoba, and it plays like butter with no buzz.

Good luck !

Gerardo

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical