The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 04-16-2010, 05:39 AM

A variety of pop tunes. I've been trying to learn Soukous and Brazilian styles. I guess if I was recorded and put in a record store I would be filed under Smooth Jazz.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhengsman View Post
I guess if I was recorded and put in a record store I would be filed under Smooth Jazz.
If I were recorded and found in a record store, I'd be found under the trash can.

But, I'm trying.....

Gary
Yamaha NTX700
Recording King ROS-06
Greg Bennett OM 8CE
Yamaha CGX 171 SCF Flamenco
Ibanez AG95 DBS
Old 04-16-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary0319 View Post
If I were recorded and found in a record store, I'd be found under the trash can.

But, I'm trying.....

Gary

LOL...I'm under there with you Gary!! I try to play old folk tunes (Pete Seegar, Woody to Willie, etc.) I've always loved the sound of nylon strings on these old songs. I've tried the Tom Jobim stuff....love listening, just can't quite play it.

Jim
Old 04-18-2010, 09:33 PM

I play purely fingerstyle. I am very eclectic in my tastes in music. I of course play some classical on the "classical" guitar, but I play just as much jazz (latin, show tunes, jazz standards, lounge music). I play some rock and sacred on the nylon string as well, if that is the guitar I have at hand. I recently have been called on to play Taize music at some services and that is traditionally done on nylon (although I have done it on steel). I can play blues on the nylon, but that is the one genre that I much prefer steel string.

Jon
Old 04-20-2010, 07:17 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfloyd6969 View Post
Welcome ConradP
Thanks BFloyd
Old 04-20-2010, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjond56 View Post
I play purely fingerstyle. I am very eclectic in my tastes in music. I of course play some classical on the "classical" guitar, but I play just as much jazz (latin, show tunes, jazz standards, lounge music). I play some rock and sacred on the nylon string as well, if that is the guitar I have at hand. I recently have been called on to play Taize music at some services and that is traditionally done on nylon (although I have done it on steel). I can play blues on the nylon, but that is the one genre that I much prefer steel string.

Jon
Sacred? That sounds interesting...I am listening to the Hilliard ensemble a lot lately. Would that be similar to what you play on the nylon string? Where can I find such sheet music? Sorry about all the questions.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical