The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-14-2017, 12:05 AM

Great guitar. Mine is 2006. Wonderful instrument. Well done

Gibson J-30
Walden CO500 (camper)
Fender FSR BSB Telecaster
Old 09-14-2017, 08:52 PM

Thanks everyone for the replies! I promise I wasn't going for the AGF "dad of the year" award. Ha Ha!

Gibson J-45, LR Baggs Anthem SL
Martin D-28, JJB Prestige 330
Seagull S-6
Gibson L-50
Old 09-14-2017, 10:58 PM

Lucky little girl...congratulations!
Old 09-15-2017, 01:37 PM

When my daughter's 16th birthday came around I did a similar thing. She was taking my Ovation Anniversary Legend up to her room to play almost every night at that point and I had to wait till she was done with it to go and grab it myself. So I let her let choose between buying a new guitar of similar value or taking mine. She took the Ovation which is a really lovely guitar and fits well in her hand. I went out and bought the Martin I'd always wanted (not that I stopped at just one guitar). Now I get to visit with my ole axe that I had for 30+ years and it's wonderful to hear her make music on it. There's nothing like listening to your kids play music. Does the heart and soul well.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:34 PM

You did good! I imagine she's over the moon for it.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadduck View Post
Thanks. I'm a worship leader/music minister and she's definitely following in my footsteps. I was not aware of the 3-piece back on these Taylor's either, and it instantly reminded me of a birth year (1971) D-35 that I almost bought 10 years or so ago. I've regretted not buying that guitar ever since.
So Deadduck.... How did she like it? How did she do with it? I'm anxious to hear the daughter's side of things.
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion