The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-13-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
You're wrong. If you are travelling with your own instrument, it is allowed to contain up to 10Kg of Rosewood (or any other wood on the Cites list) without any issue.

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/blog/201...ewood-guitars/
Just make sure you have the sales reciept showing when you purchased said guitar. With no reciept your at the mercy of an officer who may or may not be having a good day and can totally wreck your day.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotValid View Post
Just make sure you have the sales reciept showing when you purchased said guitar. With no reciept your at the mercy of an officer who may or may not be having a good day and can totally wreck your day.
That's more of a tax / customs issue rather than a Cites issue.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
You're wrong. If you are travelling with your own instrument, it is allowed to contain up to 10Kg of Rosewood (or any other wood on the Cites list) without any issue.

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/blog/201...ewood-guitars/
Andy, forgive me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that the OP's plan is to provide funds to someone in a different country (US or Europe) for them to buy a rosewood guitar for him, which that person will then ship to the Republic of Georgia on the pretext of it being a 'gift'. He wouldn't be travelling with his own instrument.

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding something (as I move into my dotage, it happens more and more!).

Brook ‘Lamorna’ OM (European Spruce/EIR) (2019)
Lowden F-23 (Red Cedar/Claro Walnut) (2017)
Martin D-18 (2012)
Martin HD-28V (2010)
Fender Standard Strat (2017-MIM)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
certificate, cites, rosewood