The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 04-16-2013, 11:40 AM

Default Buy a good guitar

Hello guys,
Lately I'm thinking of buying a good guitar, a guitar that is "The Guitar", listening to feedback and comments I thought that I might want one of the builders guiarra Manuel Reyes, Miguel Rodriguez, Francisco Barba Gerundino or, the chances that I like are very large and if firms are not liking you can always at least recoup the investment (if you buy at reasonable price).
In the secondary market for private cost of finding a good price, but I found a site in Spain with prices that fit my budget and with what these guitars has signatures from their usual stock, the problem is that I am very reluctant and wary when buying online and wanted to know if any of you have had the opportunity to deal with this company and could give me your opinion about them.
the website is:
www.flamencoguitarsforsale.net
Old 04-16-2013, 05:38 PM

Hmmmmm....smells like spam to me!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:54 PM
Charter Member

if you live here in the USA, i can recommend:

Lafalseta.com (sells new/used Flamenco and Classical) a one man shop, prices are reasonable-known for honesty and integrity

if you want something built: look into Peter Tsiorba, he builds very nice classical/Flamenco

d
Old 04-16-2013, 07:27 PM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!

I don't know the site you posted, but they give an actual street address, which makes them much easier to track down if something goes amiss. This is not typical of a spam operator. The instruments they've listed are all pretty valuable, so I'd look into their shipping restrictions and payment options to see if you're even able to purchase from them at your current location. Then see about return policies and the like - a $5,000 instrument should come with some sort of seller backing, IMO.

Update: they appear to be a very new company (a year or so in the business), so you're not likely to find anyone here with first hand experience. We mostly stick to the English language sites, methinks. Personally, if I were in that part of Spain right now (and much better off financially), I'd have to check out their sales floor.

Last edited by dosland; 04-16-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogsnax View Post
Hmmmmm....smells like spam to me!!!
Agree- some dude plugging his shop!

2009 Taylor 914ce
2010 Takamine TC132SC
2015 Guild Firestar
2015 DK1 by DK Custom Guitars
2018 Alhambra 9P CW E2

Old 04-17-2013, 07:33 AM
Charter Member

He's posting on a bunch of forums! Spam for sure!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:14 AM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!

Oops, guess I'm a bit naive!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Tags
flamenco, guitar, sale