The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

View Poll Results: Have the recent terror attacks put you off holidaying in certain countries?
Yes 20 41.67%
No 28 58.33%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2015, 08:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackReachAround View Post
I don't think I'll visit Tunisia any time soon, or anywhere where Islam is the dominant religion for that matter.
I feel very sorry for the people of Tunisia. It is a moderate stable Notrh African Moslem country, which welcomes tourists and much of its economy is based on tourism.
This stupid, appalling attack, by one (or two) nutjobs has succeeded in killing about 30 British people who just wanted a Holiday in the sun, but, of course the purpose was to attack a balanced, reasonable Moslem country.

Turkey is also a great tourist centre, and must look to this as a warning, but the so called Islamist murderers may well pick on a holiday centre anywhere , Italy, Greece, Spain, France, Britain.

This year commemorates the last terrorist bombing - in the London Tube and on a bus on the 7th July.

All they want to do is to spread hatred and fear, so that eventually the West will recognise some sort of Caliphate of terror by 2023.

In the meantime the more of these misguided people who go to join their notion of god, the better.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
All they want to do is to spread hatred and fear, so that eventually the West will recognise some sort of Caliphate of terror by 2023.
I think they want to keep the world from moving forward into unknown, unauthorized, and frightening directions. We see expressions of this everywhere in both extreme and milder forms.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewalling View Post
I think they want to keep the world from moving forward into unknown, unauthorized, and frightening directions. ...
What the heck is that supposed to mean?

And PLEASE tell us that you are not condoning ANYTHING that the jihadists promote or do!!

Old 07-04-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydave View Post

And PLEASE tell us that you are not condoning ANYTHING that the jihadists promote or do!!

I think he is saying that we are all more alike in our motivations than many of us feel uncomfortable with admitting.

I'm not necessarily agreeing with him, and I could be wrong in my interpretation. And that is about all I can say, since it seems okay to say bad things about Islam but not about any other religion on this board.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:

Of course I'm not. How would you read that into my comment?

It means that people will often strike out against ideas, customs and behaviors that do not fit their view of what is right or condoned by some authority they feel unable or indisposed to challenge. It's a gesture of conservatism and fear to wipe out what is not understood or what seems unorthodox.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:49 PM

Glad to hear that! I didn't think so, but the wording almost seemed like something an apologist would write regarding terrorists.

As to Rusty's comment - I don't think wishing the sky to fall on terrorists and jihadists is necessarily saying bad things about islam.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:57 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Post deleted.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:

Last edited by TBman; 07-04-2015 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-04-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Glad to hear that! I didn't think so, but the wording almost seemed like something an apologist would write regarding terrorists.

As to Rusty's comment - I don't think wishing the sky to fall on terrorists and jihadists is necessarily saying bad things about islam.
My mistake, I misread.

I agree there is no excuse for acts of violence and terror, no matter the motivation.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic