The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 08-31-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyllys View Post
Cisco...

If you'd like to send me a private message with an address where I can send you a page or two of chord fingerings and their application within a song or two I'd be happy to help you get started.

I just don't do written music and charts on the computer.

W
Thanks Wyllys, pm sent.
Old 08-31-2016, 03:35 PM
Charter Member

Cisco7, for what it's worth, I started lessons a little over a year ago (at almost 70 years of age.) My teacher began teaching me the fingering for the open chords and in between we stressed strumming vs. finger picking and plucking etc. -- we then moved into barre chords. Then came the Bflat blues and the blues scale. Today we progressed into the Pentatonic scale. After the blues scale I took to the pentatonic like a fish takes to water! It takes time and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.
Jim

Sharing halves your sorrows and doubles your joys!

2013 Taylor 314ce ("Cecelia" = patron saint of musicians)
1997 Taylor 414ce ("Winnie" - for my Mom)
Zager ZAD-50ce ("Tommy" - my stepbrother KIA Viet Nam)
Ibanez AM73B-TF
Seagull S6 Original ("Herbie," my Dad)
Martin X Series GCPX2AE
Old 09-01-2016, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyChap View Post
Cisco7, for what it's worth, I started lessons a little over a year ago (at almost 70 years of age.) My teacher began teaching me the fingering for the open chords and in between we stressed strumming vs. finger picking and plucking etc. -- we then moved into barre chords. Then came the Bflat blues and the blues scale. Today we progressed into the Pentatonic scale. After the blues scale I took to the pentatonic like a fish takes to water! It takes time and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.
Jim
Thanks for sharing Jim! And yes, i'm willing to put some time and practice in it

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write