The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 09:17 AM
Charter Member

Kevin, that is a gorgeous guitar! I can't find anything on it that I don't like. Will you have a sound demo done?

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 10-29-2015, 04:03 PM

This just came out WOW. I still can't get over how well you have done the leopard!
Old 10-30-2015, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacluth View Post
It was really nice to see you and this guitar at the Arlington Guitar Festival. This instrument was outstanding! I thought you really nailed all the design elements; I especially like what you've done with the rosette. Keep up the good work.
Ryan, yes great to see both you and Steve. I came over to your side on Saturday morning, but you guys must have left. Thanks for the nice words about this guitar. It turned out great and I'm very happy with it. The wood, the inlay, the tone, it is a full package. I'm working on a couple more...thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
Kevin, that is a gorgeous guitar! I can't find anything on it that I don't like. Will you have a sound demo done?
mikealpine - unless this guy makes a sound demo, no I won't. I have my hands full with building them...I'm not a sound engineer...and at this point, I might reach out to some people that are interested and already great at that; rather than taking a most excellent guitar and and then making an "amateur" recording...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
This just came out WOW. I still can't get over how well you have done the leopard!
Yes, yes it did come out well. I keep saying "its better in person"...it actually is . I'm working on another Figured Mahogany SJ...will have another great Leopard on it. Hit me up if you're interest peaks. I've got a thread started on the forum on this guitar.

This is the rosette.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:57 PM

I would be more than interested, but it is all about finances right now...

As an aside, I was at a job today and a colleague had just come back from a 3 week trip to South Africa and went on about a weeks worth of safaris. She can back with the absolute coolest pictures of leopards, just amazing, several of them laying in trees. I instantly thought of you and your headstocks. I was thinking of having her email them to me so I could forward them on to you, but then I figured you probably had plenty of inspiration already with as life like as you do your work.

Thanks,

Tom
Old 11-01-2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
I would be more than interested, but it is all about finances right now...

As an aside, I was at a job today and a colleague had just come back from a 3 week trip to South Africa and went on about a weeks worth of safaris. She can back with the absolute coolest pictures of leopards, just amazing, several of them laying in trees. I instantly thought of you and your headstocks. I was thinking of having her email them to me so I could forward them on to you, but then I figured you probably had plenty of inspiration already with as life like as you do your work.

Thanks,

Tom
Tom - I would LOVE to see her Leopard pics and have permission to use them. Wouldn't it be cool to use one from her stash for the Leopard on your guitar? Yeah, I think so too!!! That would be awesome!

Have a super evening, and a great week coming up!!!

Kevin.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:35 PM

Beautiful work. The completed guitar is stunning. I love the Florentine cutaway and the rosette is incredible. I was looking through some different things on the site and stopped to go through this whole post. Very nice.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop