The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 07:08 PM

Default Pederson Custom Guitars SJ Macassar

This will be for a customer. This is my SJ model 15.2" Lower bout.

Some of the specs we are still working out. He is going with Macassar Ebony and he has chosen to go with a complimentary high definition Leopard on the headstock. I'm offering that through April of 2016 for anyone interested.

SJ 15.2" lower bout
Macassar Ebony b/s
Spruce top TBD (possibly Engelmann).
'One-piece' mahogany neck
Bone slot saddle
Bone nut
Ebony headstock overlay
Ebony bridge
Ebony binding
Ebony fingerboard
Leopard on headstock
Exquisite Rosette (buckeye burl etc.)
Amplification TBD
Inlay at 12th fret

Here are a couple rosette ideas we are kicking around. I made up a set of six draft ideas to spin off other rosettes from. We will chose from one of these. Shooting for a little originality, just a sliver . Customers will come out of Rosette 1 or 2.

Rosette 6 would be a pictorial engraved idea. I'll use something like this on my 20th Anniversary SJ guitar coming up next year!! Will be a stunner. I'm compiling ideas on that right now.

Thanks for looking!!

Kevin.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:14 PM

And here is the last pictorial engraved Leopard I've done.

Got a couple more to do...stay tuned!!

Kevin.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:15 PM
FKA matthewpartrick :)

Wow! Cool rosettes.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:19 PM
AGF Sponsor

It's almost unfair how much talent and skill you've got, Kevin. I say "almost" because you definitely have the depth of soul to carry a gift like that. Can't say that about a lot of people! Every time I see your work, I'm awe-struck. Thanks for sharing your creations with the rest of us!
Old 05-29-2015, 10:12 PM

Absolutely stunning!!! Rosette idea 6 for me please!!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 05-30-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewpartrick View Post
Wow! Cool rosettes.
Thanks Matthewpartrick - obviously more spin offs from these will come about, but this gets the "bus" moving .

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
It's almost unfair how much talent and skill you've got, Kevin. I say "almost" because you definitely have the depth of soul to carry a gift like that. Can't say that about a lot of people! Every time I see your work, I'm awe-struck. Thanks for sharing your creations with the rest of us!
Steven - you are a talented builder also. Thanks for your kind words. Very touching to say those things. I just want to express myself through my builds and make awe-inspiring guitars. We all have something different to offer and I guess I'm just taking the path I feel destined for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
Absolutely stunning!!! Rosette idea 6 for me please!!
Marcus - the day will come, I believe, when you will order a guitar from me. and I will make you a stunner...'rosette six' with your concept ideas "coming up". . Will be a great topper to your collection .

Hope you all live inspired!!

Kevin.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:36 AM
Charter Member

Loving the looks of this one already Kevin!
Old 05-31-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wren View Post
Loving the looks of this one already Kevin!
Thanks David! I think its going to shape up rather nicely!!

Have a good evening.

Kevin.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLPederson View Post
Marcus - the day will come, I believe, when you will order a guitar from me. and I will make you a stunner...'rosette six' with your concept ideas "coming up". . Will be a great topper to your collection .
Darn, this is going to be a self fulfilling prophecy isn't it??? I am simply astounded by your artistry..... Your sound port and several other innovations blow my mind. The black burst bearclaw was the tipping point, it looked like a guitar from outer space. I'm definitely going to try save up for one of your works of art if it's even possible!!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-01-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
Darn, this is going to be a self fulfilling prophecy isn't it??? I am simply astounded by your artistry..... Your sound port and several other innovations blow my mind. The black burst bearclaw was the tipping point, it looked like a guitar from outer space. I'm definitely going to try save up for one of your works of art if it's even possible!!
Hey Marcus, yes I think it will be self fulfilling . (you can't resist forever haha).

Thanks, I appreciate your kind comments. The black burst is good...I think it will be appealing to many players.

Hope you enjoy your day.

Kevin.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:34 PM

Finally getting back to this customer guitar. This is some nice Macassar ebony back and sides.

and we've decided on an Engelmann top. This one is Master Grade so it will be creamy/white. Its nice!

Have a great day!!

Kevin.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:37 PM

Here is the 12th fret logo...

Kevin
Old 06-19-2015, 03:23 PM

Here is the rosette so far. I think its beautiful. I've also got a great idea for another rosette on the mahogany thread I've started. I'll push these two guitars forward simultaneously. This Macassar SJ is sold, that Mahogany one is available, and I would love to do some decoration on it for someone. Back to this one though. This rosette is not finished. It will be "open-ended" as seen on the mock drawing. I'm going to put "windows" in it so that you see the Engelmann top through these windows when the rosette is installed. It will be very tricky...but hey, thats what custom is all about.

More later.

Kevin.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:30 PM

My customer saw the upper right portion of this other rosette and said "I want it all to look like that". So, here is the updated rosette.

This rosette concept has an open end up by the fingerboard.

This line drawing kind of depicts this open end. The right side will be under the fingerboard. Only the left side is "open".

I worked on the bracing today. And I went through a bunch of tops to process them for use.

Hope you had a great day.

Kevin.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:24 PM

Kevin, always enjoy the artistry in your posts. Very inspiring! Gonna be another fine instrument.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop