The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for the update, Mr. Poole! I am glad to see that Peavey is addressing the major concerns people have voiced.

I have three pre-Peavey Cargos that seem to play just fine. But who knows? I juuuuuuuust might...have to "upgrade" someday. Time will tell when I get a chance to try one of the new improved models. It would have to be a real noticeable change in the "right" direction, though I am suspecting that whatever changes were made are rather subtle. In any case, I am really glad to see that Peavey has kept CA guitars' product line alive.

Tony
Old 01-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Humanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 310Taylor View Post
The nature of acoustic guitars is wood.
Welcome to the 21st century.

Slight adjustments to your thinking may be necessary....

100 Greatest Acoustic Guitarists

Steel-string guitars by Rebecca Urlacher and Simon Fay
Classical guitars by Anders Sterner
Old 01-18-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
or plastic or carbon fiber or glass fiber and many combinations of all including old school wood... great and fun times well live in.. so many choices and getting short on time.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-18-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilstev View Post
Actually CA was building several dozen AGF limited OX guitars ordered by Ted of LA Guitar Sales with a red rosette. The guitars were to start shipping right at the time CA closed.
So that's what happened to all my red rosettes. Good catch Bill.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:31 PM

Yes, an adjustment to thinking is necessary! Kramster opened my mind to these little treasures. What Rainsong, Blackbird, Emerald are doing with the different materials is absolutely amazing. And additionally, they are bracing some of the CF guitars. Each truly have their own voice, and I believe it is only going to get better.

I am very curious to see what Blackbird will be releasing. Tarpman really seemed intrigued...

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo
Old 01-19-2011, 12:54 AM

Smile Save the trees.

Quote:
It appears that someone may have gotten into the wrong thread. However, after reading some of the replies to this thread we who appreciate the plastic fantastics may gain a convert. My two Martins rarely come out of their cases thanks to my CA GX that I play everyday. I got into the CAs because I traveled a lot and here in a Texas summer a Taylor 310 wouldn't stand a chance in a hot car. I will say that the tone of the two 'high end' Martins is marginally nicer than the CA, but then I have the option on plugging in the CA. I hope Peavey can get the right marketing behind these guitars so that they can keep them on the market. In my opinion, anyone who hauls a guitar around whether, they play professionally or just travel a lot with one, should be playing a carbon fiber.
CA Legacy Performer cutaway
Martin D28S 1970
Martin HD28VR custom shop
Seagull 12 string

amp Fender Acoustisonic SFX II
Old 01-19-2011, 07:34 AM

Thanks for clarifying Mr. Poole.
I'm looking forward to seeing the new guitars. I've been a CA dealer in Canada for about 8 years, now. Only one minor problem that was easily addressed in all that time.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
I shouldn't bother to reply to this, but it is just so annoying I can't help myself.

This thread was not about whether or not composite guitars can compare to wood guitars or anything along those lines. it is obviously intended for those who care about composite guitars. To make this post in a thread like this is just plain rude. Hey, we get it, there are lots of people who think guitars should be made of wood. Does that mean that those of us who believe differently should not be allowed to have our own conversations without getting harassed by wood fanatics?

And, by the way, you're wrong. There is nothing in the terminology "acoustic guitar" that implies wood; it is purely a guitar that does not need amplification. Guitars do not have to be made of wood. Acoustic instruments do not have to be made of wood. Just because you have a strong opinion about composite guitars doesn't mean you have the right to break into composite guitar conversations and tell us we're all wrong.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:10 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchalebk View Post
I shouldn't bother to reply to this, but it is just so annoying I can't help myself.

This thread was not about whether or not composite guitars can compare to wood guitars or anything along those lines. it is obviously intended for those who care about composite guitars. To make this post in a thread like this is just plain rude. Hey, we get it, there are lots of people who think guitars should be made of wood. Does that mean that those of us who believe differently should not be allowed to have our own conversations without getting harassed by wood fanatics?

And, by the way, you're wrong. There is nothing in the terminology "acoustic guitar" that implies wood; it is purely a guitar that does not need amplification. Guitars do not have to be made of wood. Acoustic instruments do not have to be made of wood. Just because you have a strong opinion about composite guitars doesn't mean you have the right to break into composite guitar conversations and tell us we're all wrong.
What he said...
Old 01-19-2011, 09:40 AM

What Tom said

Well put Brian.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-19-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:

The nature of drums is a lion skin draped over a hollowed out log.

Since we have moved beyond that for drums, maybe we can try something new for acoustic guitars.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Charter Member

Uh-oh.

Tony
Old 01-19-2011, 02:01 PM

Just bought my 4th (pre-Peavey) CA, third off this forum! My Martins sit in their cases too, like Dsinned said. I am sure the Peavey made CA's will be great too. If it helps get people playing (or playing more) everyone wins.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:25 PM

I've got 3 CAs already, don't need any right now. However, I sure liked the look of that Bronze finish...
Old 01-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchalebk View Post
I've got 3 CAs already, don't need any right now. However, I sure liked the look of that Bronze finish...
I love Steve Christens analogy about drums .

I think at some point, carbon fiber guitar manufacturers, especially the big ones, should be able to easily and affordably offer a custom image design of the customer's choice if prepared in a prescribed format and resolution. The possibilities seem endless for CF in so many ways.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber