The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-01-2008, 05:17 PM

Default Fixin the crack

I once sealed up the crack on a late 40's Gibson with a humidifier and laying it face down on a paint tray of water. NO KIDING> Once it sealed I rubbed yellow glue in the seam from bothe sides and wiped of the excess. You could have dropped a quarter through it when I started. It didn't vanish but it has never re opened. Customer was thrilled. Anyway good luck with it.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:27 AM

Default Humidifying- how long?

I've got a '65 Guild D-50 with Brazilian rosewood. Severely dried out, probably multiple times, over its long history- are prior cracks properly cleated. Now a couple of new cracks developing on the back. How long might it take to properly humidify? I'm doing this currently by putting the guitar in a closed room with the humidifier running. Note- I live in a very dry climate, but my other vintage Guilds are holding up fine. Thanks- very helpful thread.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion