The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-21-2018, 12:59 AM

Question Help ID this guitar...Dillion guitars?

Hi folks, this is my friends guitar who bought it for me to take a look at. No clue what the brand is. Lemme know if you have ideas.

A few months ago, my friend showed me some shots from afar, and I was willing to bet it was a Taylor 414, especially with that distinct headstock and bridge shape, along with the spruce top and white binding. Now having it in person is an interesting mystery. So far, what I know is:

-Atleast 6 years old (but hardly played, so in pristine condition)
-Cost about $500CAD
-Rosewood fretboard, bridge, and headstock overlay
-1 11/16'' nut
-15.75'' lower bout...so Im thinking a GA size
-Scalloped Braces
-Solid Sitka top
-Seems to be solid mahogany or sapele back and sides and neck
-Standard 25.4'' scale
-All satin finish
-No strap pin, but has a gold endpin.
-tuners look very similar to those found on yamaha guitars, with amber-like buttons

Here are a few pictures uploaded, and I suspect links 1, 3 and 4 will be most helpful:

Being apparently an all solid guitar and not being taken care of in terms of humidity, there is no cracking or bulging of any sort. I just removed the same 6 year old strings that were still on it, but the guitar was pretty darn good sounding with them on too.

One cooment: This acoustic has got to have one of the best playability near the nut. The nut slots were cut at the perfect height and I was shocked to see this. Action was very nice too. The guitar had no prior setup of any sort.

Thanks!

Last edited by ChalkLitIScream; 03-21-2018 at 01:05 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion